Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1252

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Building the Hangar 9 Cessna 182 Skylane

I am not sure if this is the best thread to post my question about how to achieve my goal here, but I’ll try and feel free to direct me if you have the answer. I have been planning on building seats for the Cessna to resemble what the full scale ones look like. I thought about having rails of sorts to install the legs of the seats on, such that you can slide the seats forward and backwords. I have been searching online for miniature rails, tracks or anything similar that is light in weight. I intend the install rails on the removable floor panel.
    Any suggestions or advice on what to do will be greatly appreciated. Attached is a picture of two seats I have constructed so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr49579.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	1776219  
    F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not sure I understand your question, but you could use very thin plywood 1/16" or 1/32" to match the shape of the rails and paint it to look like metal. If you need it to slide then you could try using some of the small square tubing that would slide inside of another piece square tubing. You might find online something that you could repurpose to do what you want.

Andy
    Nothing focuses the mind like the threat of a hanging or loose wing bolts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone still flying their Cessna's and have new videos of flights, please post.
    F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No videos of the maiden yesterday but here are a couple of pictures from the field. Nice flying plane. Very happy with it. Did have some on board glow issues which ended flying it for the day. I have since removed it and went remote glow for starting instead. Saito 180 for power. Thirsty bugger. Likes to keep flying at a really slow speed with 1/2 flaps. The ED LED lights are so sweet. Worth the effort to put them in for sure. I think the cg was a little forward for the maiden though it checked on the money. I have made some minor adjustments to move it a little. Enjoy and safe flying!

Name:	Wu60719.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	1787750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa84683.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	1787751  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those fly good on floats.
    Back Roads Outlaws Revver #165

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a pair of spare wings I reluctantly have to sell. They have been modified with bright landing, strobes and navigation lights. The wings does not come with servos. Please see my ad in the market place or PM me if interested.
    Thanks.
    F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AndyF

I'm not sure I understand your question, but you could use very thin plywood 1/16'' or 1/32'' to match the shape of the rails and paint it to look like metal. If you need it to slide then you could try using some of the small square tubing that would slide inside of another piece square tubing. You might find online something that you could repurpose to do what you want.

Andy
    Thanks for the suggestion Andy! You turned on the lights upstairs and ended up finding hobby rails made by Plastruct. It works beautifully. My seats are able to slide freely, yet have a bit of tension to prevent it from sliding up and down from the engine vibration. My next task is to make cushions for the seats and also look for material that resembles leather.

F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just my experience with robart strut on hanger nine cessna. don't waste your time and money. Mine would not hold up. Had to order siera nose gear. It looks great.and beefy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fiifiward

Thanks for the suggestion Andy! You turned on the lights upstairs and ended up finding hobby rails made by Plastruct. It works beautifully. My seats are able to slide freely, yet have a bit of tension to prevent it from sliding up and down from the engine vibration. My next task is to make cushions for the seats and also look for material that resembles leather.

fiifiward, that's great, I'm glad you found something that works. I would love to see pictures of what you developed. If you go to an upholstery shop you might be able to get scrap pieces of foam rubber that you could cut to the right shape and size for your seats or you could carve Styrofoam and glue fabric to it. Just a couple of ideas.

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dcon1

just my experience with robart strut on hanger nine cessna. don't waste your time and money. Mine would not hold up. Had to order siera nose gear. It looks great.and beefy
    I completely agree with you there. I did reinforce the firewall where I mounted the Sierra nose gear to give it more stability.

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AndyF

fiifiward, that's great, I'm glad you found something that works. I would love to see pictures of what you developed. If you go to an upholstery shop you might be able to get scrap pieces of foam rubber that you could cut to the right shape and size for your seats or you could carve Styrofoam and glue fabric to it. Just a couple of ideas.

Andy
    Hi Andy, attached are pictures of the seat frames. The back rest has been taken off to be painted.

Name:	Bz78777.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	1792458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq51209.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	1792459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uz67547.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	1792460  
    F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Andy, attached are pictures of the seat frames. The back rest has been taken off to be painted.
    fiifiward,

Wow they look great! I can't wait to see what the seats look like once you finish them. Great job!

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thought I would post this here. I got one of these planes on a trade and decided to make it electric. Overall it turned out great I have about 15 flights on her and it flys beautiful. Flight time is around 12-15mins. I will post some more pics with the cowl off to everyone can see under the hood. Power is unreal 10s would have been more than enough but I already had the lipos.

Equipment used
    Bigfoot 160 motor
    (2) 6s-5000 lipo
    CC 120hv
    CC 20a pro bec

Name:	Lj24010.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	1795685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz78149.jpg 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	1795686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq47410.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	1795687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec88957.jpg 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	1795688  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skew

I thought I would post this here. I got one of these planes on a trade and decided to make it electric. Overall it turned out great I have about 15 flights on her and it flys beautiful. Flight time is around 12-15mins. I will post some more pics with the cowl off to everyone can see under the hood. Power is unreal 10s would have been more than enough but I already had the lipos.

Equipment used
    Bigfoot 160 motor
    (2) 6s-5000 lipo
    CC 100hv
    CC 20a pro bec
    That looks great. So in reality you are flying with the equivalent of a 12s 5000 MAH Lipo? What is the C rating of the packs you are using?

Andy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy, correct they are wired series. My packs are turnigy 30c packs I also fly a trex 700e heli. The Cessna only draws around 8-10 amps in while scale flight lol
    I will try and post some pics and descriptions of my conversion tomorrow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

It's been a very long time since I posted on here,, my plane is still flying well, I lost my first one when flying on 35MhZ
    but since I converted to 2.4 gig I have had a lot less worry and no issues,,
    Anyway,
    I have a complete set of landing and navigation lights for sale that I bought from electrodynamics that I use on my current Cessna.
    Basically I bought a new set without waiting to see if my old set were ok after the crash, the old set were fine so I have a brand new set
    in their packaging with wiring information,
    The lights are sun viz and very bright...
    The lights are red and green navigation lights constant on
    Double strobe white for the wing tips
    Double strobe red for the top of the fin which is set to look like it is actually rotating with a 180 degree visibility
    Solid white for the rear as anti collision
    Two landing lights for the leading edge with dedicated holders to increase beam and look good when switched off.
    These all come with the dedicated control units and wiring harnesses.
    I will try and post pics here and will list them in the for sale section under Navigation and Landing lights New

I am open to offers over £50 as they cost around £130 originally

Name:	Bz77729.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	1796117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk30135.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	1796118  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took some pics under the hood so everyone can see it

Name:	Bz79123.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	1796329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk32007.jpg 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	1796330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki20068.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	1796331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx75639.jpg 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	1796332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr49154.jpg 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	1796333  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fb88063.jpg 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	1796334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge95205.jpg 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	1796335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Je10725.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	1796336  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been reading the thread and appreciate all the ideas and mods. I'm building the beast...received the new order from Horizon a couple weeks ago. When I opened up the box, all was great until I looked over the flaps and ailerons. All four pieces have plastic sheeting with ribs for the full scale effect, however I am very disappointed with them as they are all "bubbled" up and look like garbage. I know you can't heat this surface like the bubbles in Monokote so I'm stuck with them looking like this? It's like they applied this sheeting over the white Monokote creating a bad surface to adhere the sheets to. Anyone else see this issue on the new released kits? I have emailed Horizon and hoping for some support or replacement pieces.
    I'm setting this bird up with the Saito 182 dual plug twin cyl. And a full lighting kit with separate real strobes. Have a 2005 Cessna 182 turbo...so I have all the photos for good scale ideas to copy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love flying mine. Has a G26 in it. What a fun airplane that turns quite a few heads.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Peeps, my Cessna is about ready for her maiden. She is being powered by an OS 160FT Gemini running on Byron's Aero Gen2 with 15% Nitro and 18% Oil mixture, spinning a 3 blade propeller, 16 x 10 Xoar birchwood that weighs about 3 ounces. I outfitted her with goodyear inflatable tires from Skymaster Jets that comes with breaks on the mains. Servos to control flying surfaces are all Hitec Digitals. Mine so far may be the heaviest Cessna to date and if I can get her off the ground, it may be a world record for the Hangar 9 Cessna 182. If I am successful in flying her, I may reveal how much she weighs but until then I'll keep it a guarded secret less I get discouraged by folks to fly her. Because of her weight, I intend to fly her of a paved runway, with plenty of runway room to spare to gather up momentum and lift her off gradually. Flaps will certainly be used, at 10%-15%. I outfitted her with navigation, strobes, beacon, position and landing lights from Details4Scale. She also has the Eagletree Systems computer onboard. My next task after the maiden will be to dress up the cockpit, with yes, you guessed it, a functional glass cockpit panel. Some of you may be aware I started building seats for Captain and CoPilot. I am yet to decide on what cushion to use. The back bench seat will be constructed after the maiden.

Name:	Zx72102.jpg 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	1817318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni23568.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	1817319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ot47973.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	1817320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl29287.jpg 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	1817321  
    F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It has been awhile since I have posted on this thread but thought I might tell you that a Xoar 17-8 will have a better pull then that 3-blade on that OS160 twin. I know as I have the white Xoar 3&2 blade props for mine. If the temps are above 85 degrees here, I go with the Xoar 2 blade. There is that much difference in pull. Add some down trim on your transmitter with the use of flaps.
    You can see a picture of mine in action on my photo album on here.

I loved this plane so much that I have a new one in a box just in case something happens to this one.

"Nitrofxr" I had a couple of bubbles on my plastic flaps and took a hypodermic and give it a injection of white glue with overnight weight.
    No more problems....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MX240

It has been awhile since I have posted on this thread but thought I might tell you that a Xoar 17-8 will have a better pull then that 3-blade on that OS160 twin. I know as I have the white Xoar 3&2 blade props for mine. If the temps are above 85 degrees here, I go with the Xoar 2 blade. There is that much difference in pull. Add some down trim on your transmitter with the use of flaps.
    You can see a picture of mine in action on my photo album on here.

I loved this plane so much that I have a new one in a box just in case something happens to this one.

''Nitrofxr'' I had a couple of bubbles on my plastic flaps and took a hypodermic and give it a injection of white glue with overnight weight.
    No more problems....

I maidened my Cessna (Fat Theresa) this afternoon and boy was she difficult to lift off on its first flight. Tipping the scale over 26 pounds, we were able to coax her off the runway on the second attempt, with about 15 degrees of flap and spinning a 3 blade 16x10 Xoar prop, she lifted off gradually with just enough power to return for an emergency landing. My heart was literally in my posterior the entire flight, lasting barely over a minute. It felt like eternity . I commend my test pilot, Nir for the maiden and bringing her in safely, or it would have been coming home with me in a million pieces if I were behind the controls. I will be posting a clip of the maiden shortly after editing. Trying to get a video converter from AVCHD to MP4 or WMV.

Name:	Hf98615.jpg 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	1819245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs57158.jpg 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	1819246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ns44712.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	1819247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn37738.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	1819248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dz80673.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	1819249  

Name:	Ns45529.jpg 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	1819250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv65009.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	1819251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id96727.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	1819252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wc77618.jpg 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	1819253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mf96662.jpg 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	1819254  

F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Picture airborne...

Name:	Xv63725.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	1819565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mi22268.jpg 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	1819566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ej14375.jpg 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	1819567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec87233.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	1819568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xt59929.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	1819569  

Name:	Af89679.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	1819570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz78815.jpg 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	1819571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hc92652.jpg 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	1819572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lq37746.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	1819573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pm35109.jpg 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	1819574  

Name:	Mh19023.jpg 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	1819575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jo31683.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	1819576  
    F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glad you got her back in one piece. Yes, you might want to go with the two blade next time, especially if the temps rise hotter as I found.
    I haven't weight mine for awhile but I remember it is just under twenty pounds and with a 17-8 2-blade lift off is at 300'. I'am at 2000' msl.
    Are you sure you had both cylinders running on that OS 160?
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Jim:

The engine had both cylinders firing. I am not sure I had the engine tuned optimally though. Will need to adjust the needle valve by turning it clockwise the next try to see if the RMP increases. It ran around 6200 - 6400 at full throttle which is quite low in my opinion. It was really not much difference between the three blade 16-10 and a two blade 18-10 I borrowed. Temps was about 64 degrees fahrenheit on Saturday.
    F. Ward

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast