Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Bob Holman Fiesler Storch

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Bob Holman Fiesler Storch

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
308jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Holman Fiesler Storch

Hi all,

Need some help on construction of a Fiesler Storch built from Bob Holman plans. My dad has been contemplating this project for the last year or so and is about ready to go. One of the stumbling blocks on this is of course the complex landing gear set up. We are looking for someone who either builds these or is willing to put one together. I know Dad has used a couple of sources for giant scale landing gears before but none of them seem to be in business any longer. Ideally this would be a ready to install unit. It's nothing as bad as the one featured recently in Model Aviation but still a complex item and something requiring some skills neither Dad nor I possess. If anyone knows of a source or is willing to build one of these we'd love to hear from you. There's still a lot of wood to be ordered but this is something that needs to be found sooner instead of later. A reply here or e-mail to [email protected] would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rick H.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Bob Holman Fiesler Storch

Hi Rick ,
This is a link to an old thread i recently tried to revive .http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4229395/tm.htm.
I am back at work on my Dennis Bryant 96" storch (same one sold by Bob Holman).
Some of the pics may be of help , If you need more info I will try to assist . I am presently working on the wings , the fuselage is already framed up and nearly ready to cover.
Good luck on your build .
Old 10-08-2008, 07:16 PM
CK1

A few pics of the Storch partialy assembled . I'm still working on the wing struts and ailerons and many other small details . Lots of work yet to be done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59638.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1048307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93237.jpg
Views:	1383
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1048308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34569.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1048309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98218.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1048310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oa32154.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1048311  
Old 10-22-2009, 06:22 PM
hopkimf
My Feedback: (56)

I just bought the Bob Holman plans and laser cut wood on RCU. I will start building before long. All I got was a rolled set of plan sheets. No bill of material. Does anyone here know of a bill of material so I can order what's needed. Also, since the main gear is fairly complex, I'm interested in knowing if there iks a supplier out there.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2009, 09:13 AM
hopkimf
My Feedback: (56)

I was just looking over the plans and have a few questions. Is the wing section thick enough to install servos within the wing to eliminate the bell cranks? How about wing attachment? Would fiber or aluminum tubes be better? Anybody tried these ideas?

Also read above that someone is looking for a pre-made landing gear. Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Hopkins
Old 04-15-2018, 05:20 AM
troytibbs

Default Instructions

Hello CK1. I recently acquired the same plans and short kit. Would I be able to get a copy of the instructions? I can't seem to find them anywhere. If you know where I may find them, would you please point me in the direction. Thank you.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:53 PM
CK1

To my knowledge there is no manual for the Dennis Bryant Storch as sold by Bob Holman . I had heard of a disc or CD but was never able to find one . The plans actually have good builders notes on them to clarify the more difficult parts of the build .