Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Byron Ryan ST-A

I myself would love a set of those planes. I purchased my father the plane back in 1996 and he keep coming up with excuses for not building this wonderful plane. Maybe with a set of built up wings it might motivate him.

Thanks

Bob(N2RYD)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The wings are sanded out and ready for the Koverall. Think I'll put it on with Nitrate but fill the weave with MinnWax PolyCrylic. That way I won't be adding as much weight.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stickbuilder, please let me know what has happened to you. I haven't herd from you in a couple of months. I am still waiting for the plans you were going to send me. Please call me (253-735-9169) or let me know when I can exspect them. Thanks, lovehydro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We were in the process of moving back to our home in town. We had been out on the farm since we moved back to Florida last June, so not much was going on with the airplanes. We are finally back in our home and so building will continue. Still haven't covered the new wings yet, and am torn between using dope and Koverall or one of the Tex fabrics. We'll see.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Stickbuilder, I have been many years removed from posting about my Ryan Sta and it made me re-evaluate the one I have kept in storage all these years after seeing how yours turned out. I bought mine in around 1990 I think down in Carson City Nevada, I hauled it all the way to Alaska. About those foam wings I actually epoxied solid fiberglass round rods on the leading edge and then micro ballooned the airfoil shape smooth, might have been a dumb move on my part as it was done 10 years ago, I wanted to protect the wings leading edge.
    I doubt I will ever have the nerve to fly mine but it would be nice to make it look as good as yours does.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Daniel,

I watched one fly a few weeks ago and It was really a *****cat. You ought to give yours a try.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can't believe they actually bleeped that out.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would much appreciate a copy of the wing plans too. I have mine framed up and the wings are on the heavy side. I do like the idea of wood over foam. Thanks..... Ken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I ended up getting one of these last week. Mine is built, but I am going to build a new set of wings. Where did the plans that Bill drew end up? I hate to reinvent the wheel, but certainly not too hard to do.

Bill, how did you capture the aluminum spar within the wing structure? I have my ideas, but yours may be better!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345