Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Where to purchase a Sig Rascal 110

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Where to purchase a Sig Rascal 110

Old 07-08-2009, 05:58 PM
borabora22
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to purchase a Sig Rascal 110

Does anybody know where to purchase a Sig Rascal 110? Sig is saying maybe August.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Where to purchase a Sig Rascal 110

Give Hobby Barn in Toucson, AZ they show to have
both the red & blue in stock at this time.
http://www.hobbybarn.com/search.php
Type in "Rascal 110" in the search and it
will pop up.

Bill D.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: borabora22

Does anybody know where to purchase a Sig Rascal 110? Sig is saying maybe August.
borabora22,

We are hosting our first "Rascal 110 Fly-in" tomorrow and guys have been trying to locate the 110 and parts without any sucess. If the Hobby Barn doesn't have any your best bet would be to locate a used one if your wanting it now. About August or september they might be available.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:32 PM
borabora22

Hobby barn is out also. I was hoping someone may have seen the kit at their local hobby shop. I am a big fan of Sig but wouldn't you think they would have adequate supplies of their best selling models. I looked at these a year ago and they were out then also! Now I have saved the money for this project they do not have any. Oh Well I will have to fly next year.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

A little OT but I was thinking that new 30cc engine by Syssa would be a great match for the Rascal. It would fit in with no cutting of the cowl sides as it is a rear carb and rear exhaust engine. Hmm... maybe a winter project for me who knows.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 AM
MikeL@Sig

There is one SIG Dealer that I know that has one.

LOS LUNAS BICYCLE & HOBBY
4301-B ELAINE DR
LOS LUNAS
NM
USA
Zip:87031
Phone:505-865-4444
Email:[email protected]

Happy Landings
Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 PM
borabora22

Darn, someone beat me to it! I emailed early this morning you called. You win! If it was blue I won't feel so bad.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

E-mail this guy he is showing one for sale: [email protected]
E-mail him for the list it is under this: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=538872
Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 AM
borabora22

Well, now Sig is saying after the first of the year. I am beggining to think I will be lucky to see one for summer 2010. Found blue ones but not red ones NIB. The problem is that I can not find something I want more. I thought the new Hangar 9 Taylorcraft might fill the bill but the wing loading just seems to high. To bad, Sig has always been such a great company. In fact 5 of the last six models I have purchased have been Sig kits or ARFS. Generally they make quality products at least in my 30+ years experience with them. I hope this type of thing does not hurt them. Sig is a great old line model airplane company and all experiences have been very positive over the years.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

I imagine they are managing the inventory at a lower level until better times come back. Would make sense to me. The last few times I ordered koverall from them it took about 4 or 5 weeks each time to get it.
Edwin
Old 12-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Lotsofcrashes

Hmm, well if your products are as good as people say the Sig are then you should always have your shelves full and ready to go. I would dearly love the Rascal 110 but all the outlets in Australia  have given up trying to import them, the planes just dont arrive so  they dont even bother telling Sig they want off the distributor list. I mean thats after years of waiting.

To me, thats just sloppy business and its such a shame. No wondewr Hangar 9 and some of the other big guns are taking over.

By the way, hi to Zippy. You do get around, hows the tatlorcraft....
Old 12-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Zippi

Lotsofcrashes,

My Taylorcraft is all dialed in now with the DLE 30cc and ready for a full summer of flying in 2010. I still have my Rascal 110 and we are looking to host another Rascal 110 fly-in in 2010. Hope the weather is better this time around. I'm not sure if Sig is going to make it or not. The LHS says that he only gets mabe half of what he orders from Sig so he is looking for another supplier for his balsa, ply, etc.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Lotsofcrashes

Hi Zippy, glad to hear you are ready to go with the tcraft, its a pity the weather hits you so hard over there. 

Ive only seen the Rascal on the net and it looks a beautiful plane with really nice flying characteristics. Its obviously a popular plane too and has been around for awhile. Do you know whats going on at Sig and why production is so slow.
If you could get them in the US I would consider shipping one to Aus even though the freight would be costly. I have a Zenoah 26 that I pulled out of the tcraft after it went down and they say the 26 is real nice for the Rascal.

Ive been eyeing off the Green Gee Bee Y senior sportster as well for the 26, have you come across those in your travels. Unbelievably I found a company called Austars Models last week  that sells them and they are very close to me.

By the way, how does the Rascal compare to the tcraft when it comes to flying ????
Old 12-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Zippi

Lotsofcrashes,

There are still guys here that will tuff it out and fly in the cold but not me. I'm more of a fair weather flyer myself. I guess when the bottom fell out of the economy it hit Sig pretty hard. I'm not really sure what's going on with them. The G26 that I have on my Rascal 110 came from Ralph Cunningham and it will hover the Rascal with a XOAR 18X6 prop for about 5-10 seconds and then fall off. The DLE 30cc I have in my Tcraft would be ideal for the Rascal. I have not heard of the Green Gee Bee Y senior sportster. Do you have a pic? As far as comparing the Rascal 110 to the Taylorcraft they are both different in their own way. The Rascal is a bit more sluggish in aerobatics but with the big elliptical wing it will slow down to a crawl in the air and when landing. The Taylorcraft is more of a "Hot Dog" flyer. It has a lot more response to the ailerons and of course with the DLE 30cc on the business end it will hover the Tcraft as long as I like. Both are very nice planes. Looking at a big 40-50cc T-28 Trojan warbird next .
Old 12-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Regarding SIG Mfg., don't forget that they lost their product manager and VP, Scott Christensen on Dec. 30 of last year. Scott was responsible for many of their ARF designs including the Rascal series and was the one who worked with their foreign suppliers. I wonder also if he didn't have some financial stake (perhaps a major share) in the company that also disrupted things with his passing. Being just 60 miles from SIG here, we hear quite a few rumors about the company ... few good ones I might add. We can only hope they can recover and continue to be a reliable source of RC aircraft and supplies.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Lotsofcrashes

Hi truckracer, thanks for the feedback. I dont want to sound heartless but it would be nice if someone at SIG announced their intentions rather than people speculating and hoping planes might hit the market again one day.
From what I have heard from dealers here in Australia there was always a problem getting stock from SIG so they just gave up. 

I guess that means I should move on and find another prospective plane.

Zippi, the Greens Gee Bee y senior Sportster can be found on you tube or at Hobby Lobby. They are the distributors for the plane. I looked at one today and the fuselage was very light in weight, surprisingly so.  Im a bit wary of that after the H9 Piper Pawnee,  I find that a bit flimsy. It was something that impressed me a lot though with the tcraft. It is structurally pretty tough. 
Sorry I cant post pics, I think its because I have an apple computer.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Zippi

Lotsofcrashes.

I think this may be the one your looking at. Nice looking plane. One think I always look at is if the plane can be set up for electric gas or glow. If it can be set up for electric then to me that means it's going to be built lighter than I would like. Manufactures need to build these planes for one or the other.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70787.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1334164  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Lotsofcrashes

Hi Zippi, I was starting to suspect the same.  I noticed a lot of the Gee Bees on the net were set up with electric and wondered why. For a plane that size you expect mostly nitro / gas setups. After I picked up the fuselage It concerned me how light it was. I know everyone says light is good but alarm bells ring in my head if its a light guage frame. I dont want to be in the workshop everytime I come home from flying and have a plane that is too delicate.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Lotsofcrashes

By the way, I got an e mail from sig saying the 110 rascal should arrive about springtime for you guys.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: Lotsofcrashes

By the way, I got an e mail from sig saying the 110 rascal should arrive about springtime for you guys.
Now that sounds very interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on the Rascal 110 supplies as guys here are wanting one.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:47 AM
Lotsofcrashes

Now if we could just get them down here to Oz !!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Lotsofcrashes

Hey Zippi, just got some bad news from Kavan in Germany. They double checked with SIG and said that the Rascal wont be available until at least half way through next year. 
Sounds pretty loose ended to me, what a waste. I guess it makes the tcraft look easy to get your hands on by comparison.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Zippi

Lotsofcrashes,

That doesn't sound good for our Rascal 110 fly-in this coming year. May have to change it to a Taylorcraft fly-in. 1/4 scale and above.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
borabora22

I started looking for one may june of this year and the information I got was late summer 09 and it keeps getting pushed back and back. The last I inquired it was mid summer 2010. I gave up and bought another plane
Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Lotsofcrashes

Im thinking the same, Im in no rush but I find the Rascal delay disappointing.  Some planes just catch your eye. Now look at Zippi, he just loves his tcraft.  Maybe I should have a second go at one of them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.