Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1492

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: It's here and Looks GOOD new Hangar 9 Taylorcraft

Hi Fellows;

A quick question if possible, I have one of the original Hangar 9 Taylor Craft clipped wing models. (85.5" wing span).
    I wanted to replace my front windshield and was wondering if the newer version will fit.
    Could you measure your cabin width (outside measurements).
    My cabin width is 9 3/8" so the inside measurement of the winshield would be the same.

I'm thinking the newer version is a little smaller but thought I would ask.

Thank you.

cgcrc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

$22.00 U.S. at http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc....htm#HANGAR%209

From an older Taylorcraft post..........don't know if the windshield is still available.

Mine is now about 10 years old...........still flying strong !

Joe M.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61943.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	1769447  
    Joe Mamma

There\'s no such thing as gravity.........the earth sucks !!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Joe;

Thank you for the info. just got off the phone with Fiberglass Specialties, they had one in stock and is on the way to me.

Attached is a pic of my TCraft, much like yourself it's been in my hangar for a long time and a good loyal "soldier" on floats.

Thanks again.

Best regards
    Randy

Name:	Hf99106.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	1769475  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

About the floats: what brand and size are the floats? What is the weight of your T-craft? And what engine do you use. Sorry for all the questions but your pic inspired me to want some floats on my H9 T-Craft.

Chris
    Chris Moore
    AMA 497715

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Chris;

The floats are foam core, sheeted with balsa then fiberglassed and painted.
    I didn’t go all out scale since I wanted more of a quick sport float for the TCraft.

They are 46” in length plus 1” for the bumper.
    The floats are from Sea Commander in BC Canada. Unfortunately he has his business up for sale and is not producing any products.

However, there are many other float manufactures around that will do the trick for the TCraft.
    (Stay around the 46" length for the older version of the TCraft, 85.5" wing span).

The weight of the aircrfat with floats is approx.. 19 lbs. (4 lbs. for the floats and rigging)
    The engine is a Saito 1.80, lots of HP, I fly at just over half throttle.

Attached are a few more pics of the model. The one pic is a little darker since it was taken at dusk.
    Have fun if you do go this route, if you need any info re the float set up let me know.

Best regards
    Randy

Name:	Ay74339.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	1769624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm37700.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	1769625  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it seems that the DLE-30 and H9 TC pictures I can find all show the older V1 DLE_30 with the side mounted carb. How does it look with the rear mounted. I tried but I had to cut a big hole in the firewall. I filled the hole and mounted the G-26 but now I want to go with the DLE-30 afterall. Help Please! =)
    Chris Moore
    AMA 497715

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use the rear carb DLE 30 and didn't have to cut anything! Did you use the DLE standoffs? The included standoffs work perfectly. It puts the prop hub about 1/8" farther out than the G26 but that's OK! You can't even tell. And the lighter DLE needs to be out a little farther anyway to help with CG.

I found that I was still a little tail heavy so I put my Sullivan smoke pump on the firewall and moved the receiver, pump and ignition batteries directly under the fuel tank. Perfect! This airplane is awesome with smoke!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cmoore806

Please see my posts 1284,1290,1293. If you recess the dle30 carb into the firewall, it makes it very difficult to get to the high/low needles. My dle30 using the supplied standoffs was out over 1/4 inch before I moved the cowl

Good Luck

Steve
    Team Clamtown

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Something to drool over, I uploaded a large format picture I found so you can check out the detail.... I'd love to build a scale version of this one now...

Here's the link to the original photo
    http://bullyaero.com/wp-content/uplo...5/DSC_0459.jpg

Name:	By76629.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	1770238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv63751.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	1770239  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A few weeks ago on my travels through central NC, I stopped in a small hobby shop out in the middle of nowhere. When I opened the door, low and behold was a Taylorcraft sitting on the floor. After looking at it for a few minutes I realized it was an older Hangar 9 with the one piece wing. Well a couple of hundred bucks later we were loading it up in my car. I pulled the old fuji 32 off and ordered a DLE 30 for it and new servo's all around. To make a long story short, today it lives

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It sounds like you have a real bargain there, the 'original' had some other differences other than the 1 piece wing - which is not a bad thing, the wing is longer, I believe, the fuselage is stronger and wider at the front, it also has a more scale paint job and more scale markings, with the logo's etc all being on the bird. The best thing is it should fly like a champion, post some pictures after you have it all together.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what is your muffler for smoke? What size smoke tank and fuel tank are you running? How did you get your sullivan pump on the firewall, did you just sitck it there with tape? Where is your fuel tank?
    Chris Moore
    AMA 497715

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I got the Taylorcraft to the field today, The DLE30 fired on the 3rd flip, I did a few taxi test, turned her into the wind and applied power. She took to the air in about 50ft !!!!!!!! and after some minor trimming flew like it was on rails. What a great airplane. Inverted flight was just a touch of down elevator ! Great big loops, knife edge needed a little down elevator too. Landings were slow enough to walk beside. What a fun airplane, I must have gotten 10 flights in today. It was 97 out today and I didn't care I was having so much fun, and the DLE ran flawlessly 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry better pics

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bryan,

Congratulations on the maiden flight, your TC looks beautiful. I just ordered my second TC and this time I plan to use the new Zenoah ZP26 instead of the G20ei. The G20 did not have enough power. Now I am beginning to wonder if I should consider the DLE 30. I am not looking for a 3D plane but, I do like huge loops and and lots of sky to cover a large flight envelope.

Howard
    If you want to be politically correct, try lying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, my TC is the older version and a little heavier than the newer style, the DLE 30 is a great engine, less weight, more power and cost less. It was a perfect match for my plane, not unlimited verticle but great big loops and nice tall hammerheads. I flew most of the flights around half throttle for very scale flights. I believe that having a little extra power is much better than not enough, I can always pull back on the throttle for less power but, you can only push the stick so far forward when you don't have enough

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been flying mine with a DLE 30 and using a MA 20x6 prop. Good aerobatics, good sound and really slow landings. A good match.
    AMA #77967/CD/LM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lifer

I've been flying mine with a DLE 30 and using a MA 20x6 prop. Good aerobatics, good sound and really slow landings. A good match.
    Is it possible that you could take some pics with the cowl removed showing the installation of the DLE 30 and also a couple of pics with the cowl in place so that the prop hub in relation to the nose of the cowl is visible. I personall like to have the prop hub sticking out a good bit to prevent any issues and usually no one ever notices. Thanks

Howard
    If you want to be politically correct, try lying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used the old side-draft version so I don't think a picture would be of much use as most everybody else uses the rear-intake, newer version. However, next time my wife sets her camera down, I'll do what I can. Here is a picture or two that I already have on-hand.

Name:	Bz77226.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	1774978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg16948.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	1774979  
    AMA #77967/CD/LM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As anyone received a twisted fuselage? When I installed the empanage the horizontal stabilizer was not level and naturally the verticl was out of alignment. I corrected the problem by shimming up the left side of the horizontal mounts. I contacted the distrubitor who directed me to Horizon and Horizon said it was not there problem since I did not purchase it through them. This is a case of customer no service.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone happen to know the size of screws the Cowl uses? I accidentally left them in with the cowl off when breaking in the engine and they vibrated off and blew away! About to maiden mine. I am using an ASP 1.8 for power. Plan to eventually mount H9 1/4 scale cub floats after I get the kinks worked out.

Zach

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Zach
    If I remember right, they're the buttonhead 4-40s. I'm not in my shop now but I can check tomorrow. Sockethead 4-440s'll work fine. Think I have a couple of those on mine. Try a 4-40 and see if that works.
    MobyAl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Zach, mobyal is correct, 4-40 button head I just checked mine.
    Do it right the first time, or not at all!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just bought a new plug and play Taylorcraft...I haven't even opened the box yet...I have been reading about it and it seems like it is about the same as any other ARF...Maybe a few more things done...I just finished assembeling the new Hanger PA18 and it was a nice precision fit build...I hope this is as well built...My PA18 did have some damage though..I needed to have a wing and windshield replaced but Horizion's customer service is second to none...They are just Great...Is anybody else putting one of these together ? I might wait till there is one or two of us assembeling at the same time...
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went ahead and put my Taylorcraft together..Everything fit nothing broken , nothing missing , Good job Hanger 9...This is the first time in a while that I havent had to make a phone call and it felt good...The plane looks great...The lites must go off when they punch my name in the computer...Oh yea this jerk again...Always complaining...Well this time no complaints....
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast