Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Bob Holman Plans Boeing F4B

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Bob Holman Plans Boeing F4B

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
TEXAS ACE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Holman Plans Boeing F4B

(size=6][/size]
Has anyone built the Bob Holman plan Boeing F4B Naval Biplane?
How much experiance as for as dificulty is needed to build the kit. How much is included from the kit cutter as for as landing gear (wires) cabines and strut material .
Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Holman Plans Boeing F4B

Hi. Most custom kit cutters only include the wood that is needed to complete the airframe. If you get a "short kit then the only parts you get are most of the parts that need to be cut to shape. No planking or sticks is included in a short kit. As far as all the other stuff like cowls, landing gear, screws, nuts bolts, etc you need to supply them.

I would say if you have never built from plans and a bi-plane before then you are going to most likly be in over your head on this one. A first timer could do it but most would give up after a short time due to the fact they can't figure out how to go about the steps to build it without a instruction book of some kind. And those don't come with plans models. I too like this plane you ask about. I may put it on my bucket list. I have built many bi-planes and find the only thing you really need to be spot on is setting up the wings in the right manner and rigging if you go that route. If you don't have the wings rigged right then the plane is going to fly sloppy if at all.