Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Giant Scale Bucker Jungmann

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Giant Scale Bucker Jungmann

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
TomC
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giant Scale Bucker Jungmann

oops, i just saw the answer to my other post. my wingtube is kindof tight, so i'm concerned pulling the wings off may put too much stress on the interplane struts.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Red Falcon

Hey TomC,

Here are a couple photos of what I did to take the wings off together and save some time at the field. Mine is powered with a DLE 55RA and I am still using a Zoar 22x8 prop which I will change soon to a 22x10. I have included my maiden video also. Funny, this is the only video I had taken of it flying. I love this plane! I had ET cover mine with fabric and painted silver which cost a little more and took some time recieving it from China but I am glad I did. The only thing is my fuse is changing colors compared to the rest of the plane but I plan on adding rib stitching and making opening side panels so it will need to be repainted. I tried to take a photo of the fuse but I don't know if you will be able to see the color change on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqHmB27FYFM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60075.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1844051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31716.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1844052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22206.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1844053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20140.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1844054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79110.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	1844055  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 AM
TomC

Good job. Good video. I like the way you built a wing support with a brace to the interplane struts. I'll do something similar. Great idea.

I noticed you didn't have the flying wires on for the video. Did you use the original wires or build better looking ones?
i should have mine finished soon. i'm waiting for the muffler, then i can finish the engine compartment.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Red Falcon

TomC, You are correct there are no flying wires in the video. It now has them but I did something a little different. Because of the wing supports I wanted wires that were quick and easy to take off. The wires get in the way of the support brackets. A buddy of mine has the Tiger Moth and he used elastic rope from a craft store. Well, I did too! It looks just like flying cables but a lot easier to put on and take off. In the picture of my wings hanging you might be able to see one of the wires hanging in front. It still takes me some time to put the plane together, especially because its an attention grabber and everyone wants to talk to me about it, but easier now that I just slide the wings on. My wing tubes were tight also but I placed sandpaper on a pole and sanded it down alittle and now it is better. Still a little tight but easier than before.

This plane flies great and is a stress free flier. As I mentioned before that I installed a DLE 55 which flies it very scale. That DA 85 will move it and be even more fun!!

Good luck with yours and love to see some pictures or videos of it flying.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 AM
TomC

well, we flew the maiden flight yesterday of the ET Bucker Jungmann. This is going to be a great airplane. The DA 85 is a lot of power and it flew mostly at 1/3 - 1/2 power. BUT, it's going to be lots of fun letting it rip through the sky. The balance point was about 2 inches behind where the plans showed, and i had mounted all the batteries way up front. My CG calculations didn't agree, so we flew it as is. It's nose heavy, so i'm moving the batteries back. That will make it fly better and easier to land.

I have to change the flying wire clevises to Sullivans with a lock. 4 of the wires came loose during the flight. I didn't have any tubing keepers on them and there must be some load on them when flying even though they aren't a structural necessity.

I was thrilled with the first flight. I only flew it once because a muffler bolt was digging into the side of the cowl and i wanted to fix that before real damage occurred.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Red Falcon

Congratulations TomC, I am glad to hear you had a successful maiden and like the plane. My plane is currently taken apart right now and being redone. I don't recall if I mentioned it before but I had the plane covered in fabric from ET. Well, it all turned to a burnt amber silver color. I guess the sealant they used turned colors after being in the hot Florida sun. I stripped all the covering off, added door hinges and concealed the servos. I recovered it with solartex and I am currently adding rib stitching. It has turned out to be a little more work than I thought. I am positive it is going to look great though. Next time get some flying videos as I would love to see it in action!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 AM
TomC

i think a good covering job with rib stiching, etc. will make it an outstanding model and add to it's appeal. One of my friends offered to recover mine, when the time comes to spruce it up. i'll get some vids and pics up soon.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Red Falcon

Well I am done! Recovered, rib stitching, custom main gear and tail wheel. It took me a little while longer than I thought. Re-maidened at a war bird show which was not so bright! Lets say I only got one flight in. First, my tail wheel came loose on takeoff! It was pulling right and I was steering left. I should of stopped but I wanted to fly. Famous last words! Well, we all know what happens when you hit that certain RPM and the P factor takes affect. It pulled hard left and I was already steering left. I managed to correct it but not after a good jump and bump on the runway. Flew good but now it was way nose heavy compared to before. Flew around a bit with no incident and it was time for a landing. This plane used to settle down so soft on landing but now it was a different story. Lets say I landed probably ten times before it stopped. My new main gear with bungees broke on the right side. Turns out I didn't put enough bungees on. Bent a bracket when she slid off the runway and tore the fabric under the right wing. She is all fixed now and I did fly her again the following weekend. I cut out 7.3oz of led first and she flew like a ***** cat. My landing was what I remembered so slow and soft touch down. I was ecstatic and still puckered up! The only thing was my new custom exhaust came loose after that one flight and it is a B1Tc4 to get to. I have to take the engine off to get to the exhaust and tighten it up. Turned out I lost a bolt also and no hobby shop carried that size! Not even TBM! So, one flight, another 45 minutes of breaking her down and a hour drive home and it was a day.

I had the gear made from den4den on RCU for sale ads. He does Cub landing gear but agreed to make gear for my Jungmann. The tail wheel was made by Century Jet and exhaust from Jtec. It is covered in solartex and rib stitching tape from Pinkit. I am including some pictures for those interested and a YouTube link.

http://youtu.be/Znq953Q_Dgw

Old 01-18-2015, 11:22 AM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VOX
Most amazing Bucker I've ever seen!

JG
Old 03-12-2016, 07:07 AM
Benoit

Default Paolo Severin Jungmeister

[QUOTE=JGrc;11964182]Most amazing Bucker I've ever seen!

Here, you have the 50% Jungmeister in flight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnB7L-O2VJo

The Bucker's are fabulous aerobatic biplanes :-)