Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Giant Scale Bucker Jungmann

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Giant Scale Bucker Jungmann

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 12:48 AM
builttocrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant Scale Bucker Jungmann

Anyone have anymore info on this plane? Looks pretty neat and different from the usual bi-planes.

http://easytigermodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products _id=179
Old 01-02-2010, 01:26 AM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Giant Scale Bucker Jungmann

I'd rather build a arizona models jungmiester, but that's just me, I think the arizona is one of the best kits out there for a jungmiester, I really didn't like the looks of the jungmann as much as the radial of the jungmiester. The next size down I would rather buy the hostetler plans and cut that out myself.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:43 AM
FLYINMIKE-RCU
My Feedback: (25)

I Always Liked The Jungman More. I Have A Link To A Similar Plane Somewhere. I'll Try To Find It.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:45 AM
FLYINMIKE-RCU
My Feedback: (25)

You Might Like This One Too.

http://www.texasrcplanes.com/80bujubionor.html
Old 01-02-2010, 04:52 AM
planebuilder66

That's a grey area, the jungmann can be the inline 4 or the flat 6 style cowl, I have a goldberg jungmann that's styled after the flat 6 cowl model. I like that, but the radial version, BU-133 is still my favorite, I also own a pica 1/6th bucker jungmiester.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:23 AM
av8djc
My Feedback: (4)

Someone please buy this and let us know how it rates
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 AM
builttocrash

Thanks. That one looks pretty sweet. Love the canopy and the wheel pants, but it looks like the same price as the ET one and its 22" smaller. :-(
ORIGINAL: FLYINMIKE-RCU

Old 01-03-2010, 10:22 AM
av8djc

ORIGINAL: builttocrash

Thanks. That one looks pretty sweet. Love the canopy and the wheel pants, but it looks like the same price as the ET one and its 22'' smaller. :-(
ORIGINAL: FLYINMIKE-RCU

I sure like seeing these new to the market Buckers in any flavor and size. As to size and the same cost, well someone might like the Modernized version like the Texasrcplanes or the stock Swiss version with the slim inline four to say nothing about sizing to be able to transport the model. Texasrcplanes also has several smaller versions of the Bucker Jungmann 55" inline engine style and a 51" version of the big modernized one. I had one of the 55" yellow ones and it flew great until I tried an outside loop on the second flight with a cg too far forward to pull it through the bottom. As a long time kit builder I didn't feel too bad, a $150 mistake and not a few months of time building up a kit. The older I get the more valuable is my time so ARF's become more attractive than a few years ago. Also they have improved a great deal. I will get another one of these real soon.

I agree on the nicer looking BU-133 Jungmeister, it's my favorite also. I still have a Dave Platt 1/4 scale Jungmeister I built in 1985 hanging in my hangar in need of recovering and re-powering. I don't know if I'll find time to get that flying again. One of these larger ARF's would probably be what I'll end up with someday. Oh and I owned an 80% Jungmeister called a Jungster with a 150hp Lycoming back in the day. It was 15' square, same size as the earlier Pitts single place. The Jungster flew far nicer than a Pitts, Eagle, or any other 2 winged plane I've ever flown.

So yes, I've been a Bucker fan for quite a while.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 PM
planebuilder66

AV8djc,
You and I seem to be in the same position, my 1/4 scale jungmiester needed recovering and repowering as well, I got through most of it, but I got sidetracked half way through and never finished it. But I'll get it done one of these days. They do fly way better than any of the pitts or skybolts I've owned, and as far as size goes, once you break 75" range, they all seem to be giant no matter what, transporting a bipe is aolt hrder than a monoplane. If you put a 100 inch wingspan bipe next to a 100 inch monoplane, the bipe would make the mono look like a dwarf.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 PM
builttocrash

ORIGINAL: planebuilder66

If you put a 100 inch wingspan bipe next to a 100 inch monoplane, the bipe would make the mono look like a dwarf.

Thats an interesting thought! And you know what? You're 100% correct on that. A guy at my field had like a 110" bi-plane and that thing looked Gigantic. Just amazing!

As I get older, my eyes aren't nearly as good as they used to be. I'm really liking the giant scale planes! Ijust need giant scale money now.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
planebuilder66

You and me bolth, if you find that money tree, let me know where to go buy one!?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 AM
av8djc

AV8djc,
You and I seem to be in the same position, my 1/4 scale jungmiester needed recovering and repowering as well, I got through most of it, but I got sidetracked half way through and never finished it. But I'll get it done one of these days. They do fly way better than any of the pitts or skybolts I've owned, and as far as size goes, once you break 75'' range, they all seem to be giant no matter what, transporting a bipe is aolt hrder than a monoplane. If you put a 100 inch wingspan bipe next to a 100 inch monoplane, the bipe would make the mono look like a dwarf.
Agreed. I have a full size ford van so I like to keep the size of biplanes down to what I can put in there assembled. With the exception of the 1/4 scale Bucker of course.

I also have a Pica Jungmeister kit that I unfortunately started a few years back. I have the fuselage and tailfeathers done, and also a scratch built lower wing done with a fatter airfoil. I need to find someone to take that off my hands.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
planebuilder66

I've been thinking the same thing, I'm currently a little slighted with biplanes, I think I'm now up to 8, I don't know, maybe I'll finish my rebuild on the jungmiester and keep it.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

deleated
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

I'd rather build a arizona models jungmiester, but that's just me, I think the arizona is one of the best kits out there for a jungmiester, I really didn't like the looks of the jungmann as much as the radial of the jungmiester. The next size down I would rather buy the hostetler plans and cut that out myself.
Please do your self a favor before doing any busniess with Arizona Models. Search this site for Arizona Models then decide for your self if you wish to take a chance. I ordered the Jungmeister in 1/3 scale. Got the kit...wish I had not bought it. It was what kits should NOT be. Very bad quailty all the way around.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:43 AM
planebuilder66

I was actually thinking of getting a hostetler jungmiester but currently, I have a hostetler skybolt that I need to build right now. So I'm good as far as getting another big bipe.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:31 PM
raido56
My Feedback: (10)

Hi All, Graupner models has a 1/4 scale ARF Buecker Jungmann. But you can only get it from overseas anymore. I found a brand new one at the Lebanon R/C flea market here in PA last year and it's a real nice well made plane. It has a 1675 mm wingspan and the overall lenght is 1410 mm. In the instructions it says for 20 cc two-stroke motor or 15-20 cc four-stroke motor. I may go with a 120 F/S or a 26 cc gas motor on it. I found a few overseas web sites that had them for about $275.00 to $300.00 dollars. I got my plane for a lot less and guys were walking by it most of the day. For the price the guy was asking for it you would think it would have sold as soon as the flea market was open. But I am glad it didn't till I got there. I took one look at that plane and said to the guy I'll take it. This one is also a bit larger than the Goldberg plane. I think the Goldberg Jungmann was a 61 inch wingspan. I hope to have it done for the spring flying season here as I have 3 more planes in line before I get to this one. Here are a few pic's of the plane I found on the web.
Attached Images   
Old 01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Red B.

My favourite is the inline Bü 133A Jungmeister prototype. It flies very much like a radial Jungmeister except that it has significantly less drag.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:38 PM
VOX

No coments..

http://www.paoloseverin.it/
Old 01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
builttocrash

My thread has been hijacked. Iwanted to know about this plane not all the carriers of more expensive or inferior planes. Damnit!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My thread has been hijacked. [img][/img] I wanted to know about this plane not all the carriers of more expensive or inferior planes. Damnit!
I'm sure sorry that you feel that way. I deleted my one post. I'm sure that the other posters to this thread had no malicious intent. Probably they ran out of things to say about your original question and were offering insight into other Bucker airplanes. I'll be careful not to post to any of your future threads so as not to offend you.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
builttocrash

ORIGINAL: Big_Bird

My thread has been hijacked. [img][/img] Iwanted to know about this plane not all the carriers of more expensive or inferior planes. Damnit!
I'm sure sorry that you feel that way. I deleted my one post. I'm sure that the other posters to this thread had no malicious intent. Probably they ran out of things to say about your original question and were offering insight into other Bucker airplanes. I'll be careful not to post to any of your future threads so as not to offend you.

LOL! I'm just messin' around, no need to get equally hurt on the matter. Sheesh! You personally didn't offend me whatsoever.

Its just thats its such an unusual plane to me, the history is welcome on it, as that teaches me something. But for people to just use this as a "Look at what I have" and they offer no insight on the plane, well, thats a little strange.

When Iwas growing up, the only bi-planes that Iknew of was the Red-Baron, but that could be just because that was the only flight game Ihad back on my Commador 64.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 PM
planebuilder66

Alright, you want to know how a bucker flies? here you go, you haven't flown a bipe untill you've flown a bucker, I don't care which model it is, inline, flat 6 or radial style, they all fly perfectly. As far as the easytiger bucker, no clue if they kept the platform the same, but if it's relativly close it should fly very well. I just looked at the easytiger and thought is looks kinda scale, but not even close to the real thing. If I just wanted a bucker looking plane and didn't care for the exactness of it, I'd buy it, but I'm a stickler for scale looking planes, and I'd rather slap my money on something I know looks right and flies the same. Nobody likes being the guinea pig for testing, but sometimes you have to do it. My bucker is currently in a rebuild stage, due to flying out of my pickup bed years ago and sustaining damage on the way out, but I really want to get her back in the air someday soon.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 PM
builttocrash

Wow, sorry to hear that man. How far along are you on the rebuild?

So these Bucker's, if built right,fly great huh? Thats good to know. Iwatched a couple of bi-planes down at my field fly and they were pre-WWI Ithink. Iwasn't too impressed with them as Ithought that they flew like a leaf. I don't mind a plane that floats, but when it can float and do a 360 loop in the tightest of spaces, that just doesn't look right to me. Do you have any videos of how these planes actually fly? Very interested. Thanks a lot! :-)

Alright, you want to know how a bucker flies? here you go, you haven't flown a bipe untill you've flown a bucker, I don't care which model it is, inline, flat 6 or radial style, they all fly perfectly. As far as the easytiger bucker, no clue if they kept the platform the same, but if it's relativly close it should fly very well. I just looked at the easytiger and thought is looks kinda scale, but not even close to the real thing. If I just wanted a bucker looking plane and didn't care for the exactness of it, I'd buy it, but I'm a stickler for scale looking planes, and I'd rather slap my money on something I know looks right and flies the same. Nobody likes being the guinea pig for testing, but sometimes you have to do it. My bucker is currently in a rebuild stage, due to flying out of my pickup bed years ago and sustaining damage on the way out, but I really want to get her back in the air someday soon.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:08 AM
sandseeker

delete..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.