Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: *Aeroworks 50cc S2 Sport Cub Build*

Well the good news is the Maiden was sweet The BAD news is the 2nd flight wasn't [] First flight amounted to a couple clicks of trim and it was hands off. Running off asphalt and didn't seem to have any problems with keeping it straight down the runway. The DA50 was way rich and was cutting out on the top end, but that was alright for the break-in on it. The 2nd flight was going perfect as well, I had already got kind of comfortable with it, wasn't 3 mistake high, but I wasn't (at least I didn't think I was) 1 mistake low either. Went into a gentle left hand bank, gave her a little rudder to bring her around, and I guess I had let the speed drop because the next thing I know the nose dropped and it went into a perfect flat spin. Nothing I did on the sticks made it do anything....... This is now the 3rd plane I've lost in 12 month's, with only about 5 others in my whole flying career. I bought a new JR9303 with 2.4, and with all 3 planes it seems like the signal just dropped out and never came back. What's wierd is I'll have maybe 3 perfect flights, and then out of know where I get these stupid black outs. I know dumb thumbs, and I'll admit the other 5 were no one's fault but my own, just not paying attention, but these last 3 just weren't right. So I guess on Monday I'll be calling Horizon to see how long it will take to send the radio in and get it checked out. The other call will be to Rocco and the AW crew to see what's going to be the cheapest route for getting back in the air, a new fuselage, cowl and landing gear, or a whole new plane................ Wings and horizontal stab look to be in perfect shape still.

Here is the maiden's landing -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm-nm5XDqyE[/youtube]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp44041.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	1624875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq47969.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	1624876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68683.jpg 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	1624877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp43584.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	1624878  
    ****** Gregg******
    Rule one: No matter what else happens, fly the airplane.
    Rule two: Fly it until the last piece stops moving.
    You know you've landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sorry for your loss.

Have you checked your TX to see if it is one of the recalled ones?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Panhndl - I just did a Google search on the SPEKTRUM AR9000 and sure enough, there is a notice out on it. Guess I'll check on that. What seems odd is all 3 planes I've lost have happened to have been on the third flight of the day, and during a bank to the left. The Lite-120 did basically a snap roll right after take off and ended up heading 90 degrees to it's orignal flight path, thought I had it and it did another snap. I did have a few seconds of throttle response to that one. The Stik40 was on it's 2nd flight of the day(my 3rd flight of the day), actually coming in to land, was making my downwind and just turning left into base when it just quit responding. I have them all programmed so when it loses signal it's suppose to kill the engine, but it went in full bore with no response to the sticks and no killing or idleing down of the engine. The Cub yesterday was in a left hand when it spun. The Lite-120 and the Stik40 both had AR7000, and now after doing some more Google searches it turns up with some almost identical stories from other pilots......... My radio is a 2 year old 9303 and it holds a good charge on the battery and I never fly it below 10.

You can see how I mounted the AR9000 on the Smartfly Sport Plus board up on really soft bottle stoppers. I've never found a better way to soften vibration out of a Rx then this to date.

Name:	Ol31558.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	1625109  
    ****** Gregg******

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I cannot argue the virtue of your mount. Looks great, but I don't think that is the same recall notice that I was refering to. The transmitter's have a recall on them.

Here's a link to the page with some of the information on it. I have a 9303 TX but couldn't find the PID number inside the battery case. My DX8 and DX6i were not on the list so I don't have a lot to tell you. If your TX was in the recall list, maybe it has something to do with the failures.

http://www.advantagehobby.com/pages.php?pageid=75

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Come on guys!!

This thread has gone terribly quiet. For such a cool plane, i would have thought this thread would be ALL THE RAGE there MUST be some intrest left in this plane. Come on guys, post away[sm=thumbup.gif]
    Regards, Scott
    Global Jet Club
    Jet Legend F-15 F16 Viperjet

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had one of AW S2 sport cubs with a DLE55. The plane flew fine with no bad characteristics. The welds on the main gear gave away and the plane collapsed and went into a tail spin while landing. AW did replace the gear. The struts were always a pain to hook up at the field and the clips for the windows were not mounted in the correct place. I had trouble with the engine position and getting the cowl to line up. After having it for one summer and only 12 flights I sold it. Just got tired of the set up at the field.
    "It Ain't Lookin Good"
    http://www.evansvillercclub.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Had about six flights on mine last summer. Yes, takes some time to set up. Mine takes a little longer as I mount the two 3100 LiFe batteries under the forward hatch on the underside of the aircraft, which takes a couple minutes to remove the four screws, then add a little locktite so they stay put. I put in plywood and balsa decks in the cockpit, about level with the lower portion of the windows, and covered with red felt. Gives you a real nice looking, clean cockpit and you can also mount a pilot on there, so not much room under neath, hence, the need to mount the batteries under the bottom hatch. The photo of my S-2 on display, shows the decking inside the cockpit.

Replaced the tubing inside and outside of the fuel tank, along with new gas-compatible stopper. also went to a full three-line tank instead of a two-line with a "T" fitting. Just keeps the connection count down and prevents any unnecessary air from entering any of the lines. Actually, a little simpler when you get right down to it. Just have to add another fuel-line, clunk and piece of brass-tubing into the tank. Winter is long up here in Michigan, so plenty of time for preventative maintenance during our snowy months...which haven't been all that snowy this winter. Temps have been in the 40's and 50's this week!!

Running a DLE-55 with Xoar 22X8 prop, 5" air-filled Du-Bros. Ran quite well last summer, trimmed out well with no real problems. Plenty of power. Still need to break in the engine a little more, so running 32:1 w/Pennzoil air-cooled.

Name:	Wu59708.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	1722499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm37384.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	1722500  
    John from Portage, Michigan
    Cub Brotherhood #137, Fleet Brotherhood #6, Sig Kadet Brotherhood #38

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, we can't let the thread totally die!!

Acquired my second AW S-2 Cub, in yellow this time. Purchased from a friend who only flew it a couple times. It is equipped with a DA-50 and a very good set of Hi-Tec titanium-metal geared corless digital servos. Sorry, can't remember the model numbers. It also has a Smart-Fly Sport Plus with an included optical ignition switch. Converted the 24-oz (750cc) fuel tank to a 20 oz. Roto-Flow tank (not enough room in the fuselage for the 24 oz. RotoFlow due to the receiver placement). I use a full three-line system, no "T's" on any of my gassers. Similar to my other AW S-2 Cub in red, I'll be building a cover over the rear cabin area to hide the rudder servo, as well as a deck over the main cabin area, over the fuel tank. I'll take some new photos of the red S-2 and the deck over the cabin areas.

Name:	Jh15547.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	1818246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs57385.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	1818247  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just purchased a used AW S2 and I am picking it up Sunday. Looks like a really nice plane. I built the AW 30cc Cesna last summer and it was a fun plane. I have two other planes with the DLE55, both fly great. Can't wait to get my hands on this plane, not sure what modifications I will be doing untill I get her.
    Fly, fly, fly!!!!

Futaba loyalist!

ARCA Field, Austin TX

P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #79

DHC Chipmunk Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One possibility I was thinking on the door and windows was to make them open like gear doors, either servo or air, has anyone explored this yet?
    TB
    Fly, fly, fly!!!!

Futaba loyalist!

ARCA Field, Austin TX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TB, interesting thought about the door/window. There's plenty of room to hide servos in the cabin, but need to be sure you've got enough room to put the wing bolts in.

On my yellow S-2, I decided to re-locate the fuel tank (Roto-flow) underneath the cabin, through the forward most hatch on the underside of the aircraft. I also had to split the cabin floor, then add some hardwood stock/screws to stiffen it up. The nice thing is that I can now locate my LiFe batteries under the "false" cockpit floor, as I did in my red S-2. My red S-2 has the batteries located on top of the cabin platform behind the pilot. When I finish with the yellow S-2, I'll hid the new Roto-Flow under the lower cabin floor and only have the pilot on top of the new false cabin floor. I'll include a few photos, as well as photos of the structure I built to cover the rudder-servo.

These two photos are of my red S-2 with standard fuel tank (will soon be relocated below cabin floor). The box of parts held with red Velcro straps are where the batteries are held. Again, when the fuel tank is relocated, the batteries will be located where the fuel tank currently sits. The platform the pilot sits on will be hinged instead of screwed down, as it is now.

Name:	Yw68269.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	1828492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aw70769.jpg 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	1828493  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's the yellow S-2 with the hinged deck and location of the Roto-Flow fuel tank.

Name:	Mk26745.jpg 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	1828494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To43483.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	1828495  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are a couple of photos of the rear cover that goes over the rudder servo. The photos show framework, before covering with 1/16" or 3/32" balsa sheet. it will then be covered with contact cement and brown felt.

Name:	Jh16595.jpg 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	1829165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ws56437.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	1829166  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Interior is now completed and checkerboard black 1" Monokote squares on the rudder. Also added "N" numbers to the sides of the fuselage. Couple other items I want to take care of, such as some flap seals on the top of the wing, and I have some .011" aluminum for that.

Name:	Ig11386.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1831429   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni23520.jpg 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1831430  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recently purchased an Aeroworks S2 cub from a guy who was the original owner. He never flew it and I got the bare airframe. About 9 months old.

Nice looking plane with a lot of detail and good workmanship. Also a bunch of poor workmanship and poor quality materials.

Many pieces of plywood are delaminated (probably 75% in the front half of the fuselage). It obviously came from the factory this way.

The cowling mount holes were drilled in the wrong place.

The motor mount template results in the motor being 1/4 " off center on the cowling.

The landing gear has a large amount of tow out with no way to adjust or bend without ruining it.

The ailerons and elevator ( factory hinged) don't have enough travel because gap is too tight.

The tailwheel spring hits bottom of rudder requiring mod.

An experienced builder should be able to fix some of these things, but not all, without a bunch of expense (like a new Robart gear).

Aeroworks sells very complete arfs and you pay a premium for this, in addition to the supposed high quality. I have one of their 50 cc Yak 54's and a Cessna 195 and would agree with that statement on those two planes. But not at all on this one.

I spent about 6 hours and 4 ounces of super glue wicking it into every accessible plywood edge in the plane. Also a lot of clamping. Reinforced a couple areas where the outside laminate of plywood was missing.

Removed blind nuts, filled old holes and redrilled cowling mount holes.

Mounted motor by putting on firewall (plane vertical with cylinder removed from motor) and mounting cowl over the top then centering motor and removing cowl then marking location.

Made aluminum shim to put under tailwheel spring to move away from rudder.

May have to replace gear with $130 Robart unit if ground handling is too bad. May have to cut and rehinge ailerons and elevators if flying shows too little travel (they don't come close to hitting the beveled edges). Hopefully super glued plywood will hold up.

I've got about 12 hours in this plane just getting to where it should have been out of the factory. I understand that not everything may be 100% on an Arf from China, but this thing is not ready for prime time. Maybe Aeroworks has fixed some of these quality issues, but if not, I would look elsewhere for a 50cc scale Cub.

Not sure if the guy I bought it from knew about the major plywood problems, but I should have looked it over better. Never expected this on a new plane.

By the way, I called Aeroworks about the quality issues and they said we can't do anything for you. I won't own a fourth Aeroworks plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thorpdrvr

I recently purchased an Aeroworks S2 cub from a guy who was the original owner. He never flew it and I got the bare airframe. About 9 months old.

Nice looking plane with a lot of detail and good workmanship. Also a bunch of poor workmanship and poor quality materials.

Many pieces of plywood are delaminated (probably 75% in the front half of the fuselage). It obviously came from the factory this way.

The cowling mount holes were drilled in the wrong place.

The motor mount template results in the motor being 1/4 " off center on the cowling.

The landing gear has a large amount of tow out with no way to adjust or bend without ruining it.

The ailerons and elevator ( factory hinged) don't have enough travel because gap is too tight.

The tailwheel spring hits bottom of rudder requiring mod.

An experienced builder should be able to fix some of these things, but not all, without a bunch of expense (like a new Robart gear).

Aeroworks sells very complete arfs and you pay a premium for this, in addition to the supposed high quality. I have one of their 50 cc Yak 54's and a Cessna 195 and would agree with that statement on those two planes. But not at all on this one.

I spent about 6 hours and 4 ounces of super glue wicking it into every accessible plywood edge in the plane. Also a lot of clamping. Reinforced a couple areas where the outside laminate of plywood was missing.

Removed blind nuts, filled old holes and redrilled cowling mount holes.

Mounted motor by putting on firewall (plane vertical with cylinder removed from motor) and mounting cowl over the top then centering motor and removing cowl then marking location.

Made aluminum shim to put under tailwheel spring to move away from rudder.

May have to replace gear with $130 Robart unit if ground handling is too bad. May have to cut and rehinge ailerons and elevators if flying shows too little travel (they don't come close to hitting the beveled edges). Hopefully super glued plywood will hold up.

I've got about 12 hours in this plane just getting to where it should have been out of the factory. I understand that not everything may be 100% on an Arf from China, but this thing is not ready for prime time. Maybe Aeroworks has fixed some of these quality issues, but if not, I would look elsewhere for a 50cc scale Cub.

Not sure if the guy I bought it from knew about the major plywood problems, but I should have looked it over better. Never expected this on a new plane.

By the way, I called Aeroworks about the quality issues and they said we can't do anything for you. I won't own a fourth Aeroworks plane.
    I agree with everything you said above.

I dealt with all the issues you discussed with exception of the gear. My friends gear, however, was toed out like yours.

You may add a larger arm on the tailwheel assembly to your list. The stock tailwheel tiller has less mechanical advantace than the offset between the wheel and the pivot point. Makes for terrible ground handling.

I changed the tailwheel into a pull pull setup working along with the rudder servo which solved the rubbing issue. It also gave a better angle for the tailwheel cables / springs. I just ran an extra set of cables back to the rudder servo and used two of the extra holes in the center of the servo arm, which matched the width of the new tiller arm.

You might also change the rudder arm to something like the Dubro HD horn. If you go with AW's stuff the screws for the horns, if done perfectly, will hit each other as then pass into each side of the rudder.

One good thing..... It flys really nice!

SunDevilPilot

Name:	Yw67191.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	1879223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf13726.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	1879224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gl21041.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	1879225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Au56121.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	1879226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jv14636.jpg 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	1879227  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jg14290.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	1879228  
    SunDevilPilot
    Cub Brotherhood # 47

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info Sundevil.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: GPutt33

Well the good news is the Maiden was sweet The BAD news is the 2nd flight wasn't [] First flight amounted to a couple clicks of trim and it was hands off. Running off asphalt and didn't seem to have any problems with keeping it straight down the runway. The DA50 was way rich and was cutting out on the top end, but that was alright for the break-in on it. The 2nd flight was going perfect as well, I had already got kind of comfortable with it, wasn't 3 mistake high, but I wasn't (at least I didn't think I was) 1 mistake low either. Went into a gentle left hand bank, gave her a little rudder to bring her around, and I guess I had let the speed drop because the next thing I know the nose dropped and it went into a perfect flat spin. Nothing I did on the sticks made it do anything....... This is now the 3rd plane I've lost in 12 month's, with only about 5 others in my whole flying career. I bought a new JR9303 with 2.4, and with all 3 planes it seems like the signal just dropped out and never came back. What's wierd is I'll have maybe 3 perfect flights, and then out of know where I get these stupid black outs. I know dumb thumbs, and I'll admit the other 5 were no one's fault but my own, just not paying attention, but these last 3 just weren't right. So I guess on Monday I'll be calling Horizon to see how long it will take to send the radio in and get it checked out. The other call will be to Rocco and the AW crew to see what's going to be the cheapest route for getting back in the air, a new fuselage, cowl and landing gear, or a whole new plane................ Wings and horizontal stab look to be in perfect shape still.

Just wondering if GPutt33 got his radio fixed. Or did he go ahead and buy a Futaba
    The only good planes are in the air having fun

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys - I got my radio fixed. Sent it in and they replaced and relocated a wire bundle. Of course that didn't get me a replacement plane, I had to do that on my own. The plane flies great with NO RX or TX problems. The only bad thing is that since then I've transferred to Colorado and so I haven't gotten completely back into flying mode yet. Did join a new Club though that I think is going to be great. It's the LoveAir Club out of Ft Collins, and they put on one of the best War Bird events in the country I think! Also put me closer to AeroWorks . I'll post one new Cub pictures when I get out with it net time.
    ****** Gregg******

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have to agree with all of the issues we're seeing with Aeroworks S-2 Cubs. I have two S-2 Cubs and except for the engine mounting issues, I've had all those problems. I also have the 195 and the Bravata. Except for the easily delaminating plywood also found in the Cessna 195, it is the closest to flawless.

If you check out our Bravata thread, we found the wings of the Bravata were built out of different types/grades of balsa and plywood, causing almost all of us owners to have left wing panels with up to 3 degrees of negative incidence compared to the right wing panel (used two Robart incidence meters to compare each wing panel near the wingtip). This causes a significant left bank that requires 1/4" or more of right aileron trim to allow the aircraft to fly straight and level. And that makes overall roll response, particularly to the right, a real dog. We have called, emailed and talked with the folks from Aeroworks at Toledo last month. Their response: "There is nothign we can do." A couple of us have had to add a big aluminum trim tab to the right aileron so that we can trim our ailerons a little more neutral, instead of having tons of right trim. Again, as many of you have experienced, Aeroworks said there was nothing they "would" do for us. And yes, with the price we pay for their aircraft, which is a premium over almost all other brands, we should not have these types of problems. They're all excited about selling you their products, but won't stand behind them when the production models reveal these problems. It makes you wonder about the qualtiy of their "prototype" models from the factory that are used in their final evaluations and flight testing. Did they miss some pretty big issues when they flew the prototypes or do the factories churning these out provide them with a very "clean" prototype and then we get the "production" models of much lesser quality??

Other issues on the Bravata are very mismatched painted cowls/wheel pants and the covering material. Some mis-matches are very bad but again, Aeroworks has advised us there is nothing they "will" do about it. They are unwilling to step up to the plate and resolve any of these issues. They just blame the factory 8,000 miles away and take no responsibility...they did not even ask us what we want from them. I would readily pay a couple hundred dollars more for a better airplane made here with a manufacturer that would stand behind the product and resolve customer issues with something other than blaming the factory in China.

I started building from kits in 1968 and I'm moving back to only building kits or scratch from plans. I've got about half ARFs and half kit built aircraft. Though they take a little longer to get from box to flight status, at least you know what you're dealing with in a kit. If you have a problem with the way it is constructed or flys, all you have to do is look at the guy staring back at you in the mirror. And I've had some poor quality kits too. Last year, finished a Concept Fleet Biplane. Some terrible plywood in the kit, but for $20 I replaced the ply and I know the quality I have in my aircraft and it flies very well. I'm about to start on a 1/4 scale Bob Dively Stearman kit and yes, it will be quality built and comes with select balsa and plywood. You also can't get this kit any more. TBM is coming out with a 1/4 scale Stearman ARF from China(?) for $999. Wonder what kind of quality you'd find there??

OK, I'll climb off my soap-box now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am getting ready to run one of my OS40cc 4s in my Cub this weekend. I will be breaking them in for my Ziroli B-25 build later this year. So fare the engine looks well made short of the throttle and choke arms, they look like toys so I replaced them with aluminum arms. I am making my own muffler pipe and putting the stock muffler in the fuse like the canister installation. The stock setup is not user friendly, ugly as hell.

As for the airframe, this is my second Aerowworks cub. The first I got used with a DLE55 in it, way to much power for a scale cub. And this plane is not 3D capable, as a real 3D plane, sure a great pilot can make anything fly 3D but why? I crashed my first cub by stupidity. This one is a Sunday flier and a flying break in stand.

I have built a few Aeroworks planes and they all go together nicely. I used the β€œstand it on the tail and mount the engine method” and I have perfect centering. I went with a custom setup so did not fallow Aeroworks method.

TB

Name:	Sq47210.jpg 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	1895759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84586.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	1895760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj23011.jpg 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	1895761   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn40276.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	1895762  
    Fly, fly, fly!!!!

Futaba loyalist!

ARCA Field, Austin TX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 4-stroke gasser should be a lot of fun!

I agree with your setiments about the DA50 being too much motor. I have an electric powered Sport Cub, which is a lot of fun to fly, but my friend has one powered with a DA50 and it is a real bear to land. It flys nice but the motor has so much power you cant get a low enough idle to allow the plane to land easily. Just chews up the runway while trying to slow down.

SunDevilPilot
    SunDevilPilot
    Cub Brotherhood # 47

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got the muffler installed. If the coupler hold I am good, if not then I will have to do something else.

TB

Name:	Ec88879.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	1896016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx70597.jpg 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	1896017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk29931.jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	1896018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ch96711.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	1896019  
    Fly, fly, fly!!!!

Futaba loyalist!

ARCA Field, Austin TX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the tip Sundevilpilot on doing the pull pull for the tail wheel. I had a couple springs and a 4-40 pull pull set laying around so it worked out well. I did make a carbon fiber plate to reinforce the flimsy plastic horn for the tail wheel. Got everything installed just waiting on my batteries, might barrow the ones I have for my P47 so I can fly this weekend.

TB
    Fly, fly, fly!!!!

Futaba loyalist!

ARCA Field, Austin TX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did a test run of the engine with my prototype muffler and all looks good so I'm having it made out of aluminum and welded. Should get to the maiden mid week.

TB
    Fly, fly, fly!!!!

Futaba loyalist!

ARCA Field, Austin TX

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast