RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   Quarter Scale Cub (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/11211973-quarter-scale-cub.html)

bikerbc 04-11-2013 06:10 PM

RE: Quarter Scale Cub

1 Attachment(s)
Okay I will try.. I am not the worlds best pic taker or poster but I will give it a shot... I placed my Gemini twin on the nose to give you an idea what the nose should look like with the cyl head poking out...I purchased my cowl with out the fake cyl. heads... Now if I can talk my wife into posting the pics. for me . She has much better luck than I do...I have the door and window complete too but it is buried in the box under a Spitfire fuse that is under construction . I have Two Spits on the go as well.... As soon as these spits are off my bench the wings for my Cub are going to be my next project...I have 2 1/4 Cubs flying now . A Sig with a OS 1.20 FS that I absolutely love and my Hanger 9 PA18 that I haven't flown yet... I think the BUSA with the Gemini is going to be a nice plane . The only thing I am a bit worried about is how the wings attach from inside the cockpit...I think I might make a big hatch in the top of the plane so that I can access the wing bolts from the outside of the plane ..The PA18 Has a hatch like that and it works great...

rt3232 04-11-2013 06:16 PM

bikerbc

Thanks for the responce but the pic's will not open all I get is a message "502 BAD GATEWAY" so maybe you could sent them as an attachment to an E-Mail will PM you with the info

Cheers Bob T

bikerbc 04-12-2013 01:46 AM

Okay Bob I am sorry ...I think this is a RCUniverse problem...I will try to forward them to your E Mail...

bikerbc 04-12-2013 03:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am trying to post a pic again but am not having the best of luck..

rt3232 04-12-2013 10:49 PM

Hay bikerbu

The pic's look great nice work, but how do you get anything done with a relitive orgnized shop :D:D He He

Cheers Bob T

bikerbc 04-14-2013 06:58 PM

Okay our mall show is over . My pilot ( Buzz Lightyear ) attracted a lot of attention . It funny how something so simple can really be an attention grabber .I did not care for the pilot that was provided with the Hanger 9 Cub or the Taylor craft .. They are too tall .. I would almost need to lop the legs off I am glad to have my planes all home safe and sound...Now I need to fit a set of floats on a 1/4 Cub and get it ready for our float fly coming up May 26 thru June 2 ... I can hardly wait...Float flying is fun ...I have 3 planes ready but no Cubs...

bikerbc 04-14-2013 07:27 PM

Just a thought about clipping the wings .. If you are going to go Super Cub you will be clipping in the flap area...The Super Cub has flaps so you will be adding flaps to your wings ..I am not sure I would clip without researing the changes that need to be made to the rest of the wing like the strut attachment points and aileron length and flap length ......You might want to research that a bit...It might just mean making your ailerons a bit shorter...I am not sure .. Charles brooks would know (The Cub Man) You can find him in the kit building Forum under Cub brotherhood .. He is a wealth of cub info ..A great guy . Let me know how you make out...

rt3232 05-11-2013 03:51 PM

Hay bikerbc

Sorry to be so slow in responding. I have been doing a little research on the clipping what I have found is to take 1 rib out at the rute of the wing and on in between the flap and the ailerons, not to sure as yet will have to put the wing plans on a board and do some sketching and make some mod dwg's
but flying season has started hear so will only be looking at that on bad flying days. still collecting bits, servo's mostly hardware did get a cowl from F/g Specialtie's hope to have all the bits by the time the snow [>:] flies

Cheers Bob T