RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   Don smith 1/4 scale Corsair (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/11643588-don-smith-1-4-scale-corsair.html)

Arthur_K 12-14-2017 07:11 PM

Don smith 1/4 scale Corsair

I really do not understand what is going on at Precision Kit Cutters ?
I ordered a 1/4 scale Don Smith Corsair 3 months ago , paid for a full kit , plans , cowl ,
and canopy. It has been 12 weeks and they have yet to ship this bloody kit . Every time we call them the answer is 2 weeks
this is just truly crap. Now the holidays are coming and I wanted to start while I had 2 weeks off but I doubt it will arrive this week.
Is this the norm for these guys ? I am extremely disappointed in their service

oliveDrab 12-15-2017 04:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh no. I ordered a Don Smith Tucano in early November and Larry at Precision Cut Kits gave me an ETA of mid December. I emailed him (them) last week and he said it would probably be the end of December before it was ready. I kinda expected that ... but 12 weeks? That's a little ridiculous.

If I didn't have other planes to fix I would be chomping at the bit to get started on my Don Smith Tucano.

oliveDrab in Kentucky

Arthur_K 12-26-2017 10:03 AM

Well here we are 2 days past Christmas and still no kit. This is absolutely bull.
Here we have a company that took full payment on this for a kit, plans, cowel and canopy some 14 weeks ago and I have yet to get my hands on anything. What kind of business is this guy running here.
Larry I hope you are reading this because I am god damn pissed off hounestly how long does it take to cut a kit.
I cut freaking full kitchens on my CNc in approx 2 hours

TomCrump 12-27-2017 06:31 AM

Complaining, here, will do no good. Contact your credit card company, Pay Pal, etc, and take some action.

eaglefreedom19662357 04-29-2020 04:32 PM

Precision cut kits

Originally Posted by Arthur_K (Post 12390678)
I really do not understand what is going on at Precision Kit Cutters ?
I ordered a 1/4 scale Don Smith Corsair 3 months ago , paid for a full kit , plans , cowl ,
and canopy. It has been 12 weeks and they have yet to ship this bloody kit . Every time we call them the answer is 2 weeks
this is just truly crap. Now the holidays are coming and I wanted to start while I had 2 weeks off but I doubt it will arrive this week.
Is this the norm for these guys ? I am extremely disappointed in their service

I believe that the problem you are experiencing with the kit provider is they lost the company that actually laser cuts the kits and are working on obtaining another company to start cutting again.

Chad Veich 05-09-2020 12:01 PM

Did this happen recently, or 2 1/2 years ago when this was originally posted?