RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   1/4 Scale AG WAGON ARF next from RCGUYS??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/5732475-1-4-scale-ag-wagon-arf-next-rcguys.html)

Kmot 08-22-2007 02:18 PM

RE: 1/4 Scale AG WAGON ARF next from RCGUYS???

If the model doesn't fly well, then what is the point of having it?

I choose Option "B"

737 08-22-2007 02:53 PM

option B

outacontrol41 08-22-2007 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
roknhs.....you're welcome.

My choice....

Option A. I want more dihedral, but not more than the full scale airplane, so it will look more scale; I'm not that concerned about flight characteristics because if the plane was designed to look that way then it should fly very well as intended. I don't want someone elses version.-------------(you left some of the answer out.

Sorry roknhs....I've got hard proof.....my Kyosho Cessna 188 Agwagon.....over 500 long flights....will fly inverted all day long. It has the full dihedral it's supposed to have. My agwagon negatively affected by correct dihedral? Where are you getting this from....what have you been reading?????..........see the correct dihedral in the photo of my plane below.

The problem with the question you guys have been answering is it's not factual. Nothing will "probably be negatively affected". Without hard facts or proof, 'probably' sounds like the use of one's imagination.[:o]

outacontrol41 08-22-2007 06:11 PM

Swixtt,

I sent you a PM about the PT-17.

roknHS 08-22-2007 06:55 PM

Just in case anyone is confused..............please choose either option A or option B in post 250...............the questions are really from Dan Speers..........not me.
I'm just the talking head..........if Dan is concerned about to much dihedral affecting flight characteristics, he probably has some valid reasons for asking the questions. If you want to discuss aerodynamic theory, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep your interest very long.
I do prefer flight characteristics over scale dihedral however.

roknHS 08-22-2007 07:04 PM

Oh, way back in the early days of this thread I do refer to one of my buddies hoarding a Kyosho Ag Wagon in his basement...........he still is...............says it doesn't fly worth beans compared to his other planes..........don't know if that has to do with weight or dihedral or what? He does like the way it looks though.........probably why he still has it.

outacontrol41 08-22-2007 07:29 PM

Hoping to see new pictures soon and possibly prototype test results.

swixtt 08-22-2007 10:16 PM

thanks for the PM... replied!

musiccityfan 08-22-2007 10:33 PM

Roknhs... when did Dan make you the point person for this project? Did I miss something? Personally, considering the way you have handled this blog, I don't want you to be the point person. Your "question" about dehidral is worded in a way that suggests the answer you want to hear. You are obviously swaying votes by the way it is worded. Every person that I have talked with that has a Kyosho Agwagon says it is one of the best flying planes they have in their fleet... and this plane has the dihedral. Furthermore, I don't believe Cessna would have put out an airplane that would not perform well. I vote for the dihedral. Also, I am happy to report that Dan has assured me via email that he is working on these issues. He is very approachable and responds to email quickly. This is good news guys! You don't have to go thru Roknhs to get reach Dan. Whew!

swixtt 08-22-2007 10:40 PM

Well, about the option A or B.... i almost get the impression that it doesn't really matter too much anymore. let Dan decide on what HE thinks is the best for his company to put out there. if he wants it to be on the front of a magazine then the answer will be quite obvious for him. i'm flying a plane designed by Hollis(AT502) and it's pretty scale looking as well as scale flying. i don't think it's exact by any means but it's sure damn hard to tell the difference. my point is if they are coming out with a new design and it's to be a show stopper and they only have a few planes out now, then this ones got to be on par at least. i really think the overall 'look' of the plane should be close to the real one. it just won't have the same allure as if it wasn't. i'm sure there are some really good test pilots that could fly the proto and give good, realistic beta on what could be changed without hindering too much of the overall 'look'. it is difficult to make scale planes but i don't think anyone here is saying it has to be exact by any means. just the overall appearance should be close i think.
anyway, these are just my thoughts. i do appreciate his efforts on this entire project and hope that it comes together for them and a really awesome plane comes out of it. that's what we all want. some nice detailing, some nice lines, and overall a plane we'll be jones'n to fly at the next meet!

GPutt33 08-22-2007 10:43 PM

I vote for Option A as well. The dihedral should be as close to scale as possible since it appears the full scale has no problem with it, stable is a good thing. I also have no problems flying a few of my planes inverted that have some dihedral, but the point is, this is a Scale Bird and should really be flown in a Scale manner. I've never seen to many AgPlanes of any make or model flying inverted unless they were about ready to plow into the ground. Sure it's nice to do some aerobatics, but if that's your thing, buy a 3D plane made for it.

Good thread and comments, and I'm glad to see it's mainly back on a civil non-argumenative note. Too many of these threads end up down that road and I just turn my subscription off and forget about it.

Keep up the great work on this bird, I'll be watching to see the mods made to the canopy to get it more true to scale before I think about it myself.

Kmot 08-22-2007 11:27 PM

I still want one. Either way.

outacontrol41 08-22-2007 11:45 PM

This so-called three ring circus started when my buddy stated "Dan knows quite well that I think the original airframe is acceptable". At that moment I had to stop and think....what about the rest of us and what we think? I couldn't let it slide. I hear now I'm a good editorial writer. I like the guy...he's a hardcore, dedicated super company man that doesn't even work for the company. He has a weak side, though. When he acts as the self proclaimed talking head for Dan, he can't take criticism. That's been our little scuffle all along.

outacontrol41 08-23-2007 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: GPutt33

I vote for Option A as well. The dihedral should be as close to scale as possible since it appears the full scale has no problem with it, stable is a good thing. I also have no problems flying a few of my planes inverted that have some dihedral, but the point is, this is a Scale Bird and should really be flown in a Scale manner. I've never seen to many AgPlanes of any make or model flying inverted unless they were about ready to plow into the ground. Sure it's nice to do some aerobatics, but if that's your thing, buy a 3D plane made for it.

Good thread and comments, and I'm glad to see it's mainly back on a civil non-argumenative note. Too many of these threads end up down that road and I just turn my subscription off and forget about it.

Keep up the great work on this bird, I'll be watching to see the mods made to the canopy to get it more true to scale before I think about it myself.

In total, total agreement. Whew! There are voices of reason out there.:)

anothercrashpilot 08-23-2007 12:52 AM

I believe GPutt33 has a good point in that this plane could be tweaked a little more towards SCALE,. A plane that is modeled after a REAL one Should look as close as "realisticly" possible. This does not Need to be a "STUNT" plane , ( That's what the DECATHLON is for). It should be made to fly SCALE ,And still be capable of maneuvers that the real one could . I do like the way it looks as is, And could tell what it's supposed to be , But a little more tweaking could only help . PS, I hope this has no sound of Negativity to it ,as it is meant to be Possitive Input ! ;) AND EVERYONE, Have a NICE day ! :D

musiccityfan 08-23-2007 04:54 AM

It's good to hear voices of reason! Guys we are all going to be happy to own this plane when it is done. I have no doubt it is going to be a jewel. Dan and the folks at RCguys will get it right. I have faith in them.

GerKonig 08-23-2007 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: anothercrashpilot

I believe GPutt33 has a good point in that this plane could be tweaked a little more towards SCALE,. A plane that is modeled after a REAL one Should look as close as "realisticly" possible. This does not Need to be a "STUNT" plane , ( That's what the DECATHLON is for). It should be made to fly SCALE ,And still be capable of maneuvers that the real one could . I do like the way it looks as is, And could tell what it's supposed to be , But a little more tweaking could only help . PS, I hope this has no sound of Negativity to it ,as it is meant to be Possitive Input ! ;) AND EVERYONE, Have a NICE day ! :D
Well, let me tell you I saw in more than one airshow where cropdusters were putting up a acrobatic routine:-) This was some years back in NJ and PA... I almost had a very close encounter with a crop duster years back traveling in Argentina's pampas. We were traveling on a paved, and deserted road. This is all flatland with nothing at all in view but the straight road and green fields right and left. All the sudden we see a figure on the road moving his hands like waving... As we approached and slowed down (the guy was moving the hands with quite some urgency), all the sudden a crop duster materialized from the right and flew over the road crosing the street in front of us. We were stopped at that point and stayed for a while to see him working. It was quite something... The precission of his flaying was incredible, and the guy even waved at us on his secon pass left to right... I loved cropduster planes since then, and always stop to see them work when I see one. I had no idea they were used in military applications, making crop duster warbird feasible...

Gerry

outacontrol41 08-23-2007 08:47 AM

Announcement:

I've been sent an email from Dan Speers that the canopy issue has been resolved and they're going with the correct amount of dihedral according to full scale. I nor anyone can ask for any better than that.:D He even asked me if there was anything else wrong with it (in my opinion, of coarse) and I told him no, he has a winner. Send it to production so we can all become agwagon owners. We should end up with a nice scale looking airplane that flies stable and is user friendly. I'd better get some ink for my printer....I think the owners manual is supposed to be online to be printed out.
I didn't get any pictures though....maybe they'll soon follow. Even if not, I'll take Dan's word for it that everything's taken care of. No mention of a cost increase as a result of these changes so I think roknhs will be happy as well.

musiccityfan 08-23-2007 10:49 AM

Wow that's good news for everybody! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!!

Kmot 08-23-2007 11:13 AM

It's gettin' better all the time! :D

jbarnes 08-23-2007 01:02 PM

If its as nice as the Decathlon I'm going to buy one even though the AG Wagon is not what I'd call purdy birdy.

outacontrol41 08-23-2007 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: jbarnes

If its as nice as the Decathlon I'm going to buy one even though the AG Wagon is not what I'd call purdy birdy.
Some people think ag planes are purdy and some not. Get one and I'll bet it will grow on you! I don't own their Decathlon but I hear it's real nice.
Not much talk anymore about what their next model airplane should be....I strongly suspect everyone wants to get through this project first before they focus on something else. Maybe we can help them out by setting up a poll after nominating some of our favorite planes.

swixtt 08-23-2007 03:32 PM

Not much talk anymore about what their next model airplane should be....I strongly suspect everyone wants to get through this project first before they focus on something else. Maybe we can help them out by setting up a poll after nominating some of our favorite planes.
[/quote]

i agree... once things get on to the production line we should get a poll going. but which planes would be in there? maybe there are a few that Dan has ideas on and we could help narrow them down a bit.

anothercrashpilot 08-24-2007 12:38 AM

THE" BAND WAGON " Would have been something "WW-1" ! ! ! Like An ALBATROS ! ! ! The Big "CRAZE" was Around the "FLY BOYS " movie ! ! For awhile ! BUT ,... I'm re-writing this because I Timed Out ! ....... AG-Planes Just Stand Alone ! They are Different, They are Unique, And they STAND Out ! Go to Any airport and look around ! High wing or Low wing , Commuters All look about the same ! FIREfighter or Duster , There She is, The one Standing out Will be A "Special Purpose "plane ! ( And The AG-CAT in It's OWN special way !!):D What I'd like to hear Is how much Everyone Is enjoying Their New AG-WAGON, and which engine and servo combo they have ! And the DUST set-up ! Smoke or not ! There is still Alot to talk about Once Everyone Gets their NEW Plane !!!!! SO, .... Lets not RUSH the NEXT plane untile We've had time To ENJOY this One ! ! ! And Again, EVERYONE, Have A NICE DAY ! ! ! :D

outacontrol41 08-24-2007 01:34 AM

Wow. I must agree. If we get talking about dust setups and the like .....this could turn into an online workshop that has potential to spread over many, many pages. I for one would love to share the thought process with other like-minded individuals about this.
This thread has gone on for a while, but it might only be the beginning..........[sm=thumbup.gif]