RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   TMMY Scale Composites 35% scale Cessna (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/7422515-tmmy-scale-composites-35%25-scale-cessna.html)

cgcrc 02-03-2012 07:01 PM

RE: TMMY Scale Composites 35% scale Cessna

Hi Dan;

Outstanding!!!!!!!

Nice touch and great job on the dual steering yokes.

I'm sure that took a little bit of thinking, but the results were well worth it............;)
Look forward to seeing it installed in the 182.

Keep up the great effort.

Regards
Randy

mifsudm 02-04-2012 02:30 AM

Hi Dan,

you left me without any words, fantastic and awesome pretty much i have to say. keep up the work and thanks for sharing.

regards

Martin

spidernad 02-04-2012 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: cgcrc

Hi Dan;

Outstanding!!!!!!!

Nice touch and great job on the dual steering yokes.

I'm sure that took a little bit of thinking, but the results were well worth it............;)
Look forward to seeing it installed in the 182.

Keep up the great effort.

Regards
Randy

ORIGINAL: mifsudm

Hi Dan,

you left me without any words, fantastic and awesome pretty much i have to say. keep up the work and thanks for sharing.

regards

Martin
Thanks Guys,

It took a few nights of lying awake conceptualizing and then some aggro moments making it but eventually it came together.

Now if I can just figure out how to make a car run on water....

mario tavarez14 02-05-2012 06:05 AM

Spidernad congratulation that was a exelent job , your cessna will be one of the kind, do you think your cessna will be ready this summer, if yes we sure be together with my friend sal to show ours cessna best regard

Mr DJ 02-05-2012 06:37 AM

Dan,

U Got Skills!

Mr DJ

mifsudm 02-07-2012 10:19 AM

Hi guys, just wanted to share what my brother has been up to lately building his latest giant heli. most of the parts are scratch build

including the cockpit it's self

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEEEehLANk

Enjoy. by the way Dan my Cessna did not arrive yesterday it has been a sitting duck in Malaysia for a month, it is due to

arrive on the 1st of March now.

Regards
Martin

cgcrc 02-08-2012 04:54 AM

Hi Martin;

Just jumping over from the 185 thread.

Great job your brother did on his helicopter. One nice thing with the internet and RCU threads to see what fellows are doing around the world.

Waiting for a model is one of the hardest things isn't it.........:eek:
You'll have fun with your TMMY 182, it flies like a trainer.

Regards
Randy

rcgr8 02-08-2012 04:18 PM

removed post

rcgr8 02-08-2012 04:19 PM

Well Guys I did it. I got my Cessna ordered today from Tommy. It should arrive some time in May. Not enough time to bring it to Nall. I can't wait to see this plane!

spidernad 02-08-2012 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: rcgr8

Well Guys I did it. I got my Cessna ordered today from Tommy. I should arrive some time in May. Not enough time to bring it to Nall. I can't wait to see this plane!
Congrats, Your gonna love it!
What color scheme did you get?

Sergey Alekseev 02-08-2012 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Dear! I admire models Tommy and paid in January due to the production of Cessna-182 (35%). Thanks to the participants of this forum for useful information on this model. I chose a color brand, like a modern Cessna-182 (photo attached ...) Motor plan to use 3W157Bi. It will be Russia's first four-meter model of the Cessna-182!

spidernad 02-09-2012 07:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Sergey Alekseev

Hello Dear! I admire models Tommy and paid in January due to the production of Cessna-182 (35%). Thanks to the participants of this forum for useful information on this model. I chose a color brand, like a modern Cessna-182 (photo attached ...) Motor plan to use 3W157Bi. It will be Russia's first four-meter model of the Cessna-182!
Excellent Sergey! Beautiful color scheme!

Our first Russian TMMY Cessna builder!

Welcome aboard!

Keep us posted.

Dan

rcgr8 02-09-2012 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Spidernad,
I went with the 2007 color scheme in blue. I plan on using a DA-150 for power. I dont know if i can wait three months!

spidernad 02-09-2012 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: rcgr8Hi Spidernad,I went with the 2007 color scheme in blue. I plan on using a DA-150 for power. I dont know if i can wait three months!
Excellent choice! One of my favorite color schemes right there.

Oh, and I know what you mean about the wait. tic toc, tic toc.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...used_smile.gif Like waiting for RCU to load a page,OMG, Soo slow lately!

Make sure to post lots of pics.

Dan

mifsudm 02-10-2012 02:36 AM

Nice choice, welcome on-board Sergey.......

i am also tiered of waiting for my model instead of one month now it became three months shipping time from Thailand.

Regards

Martin.

mifsudm 02-10-2012 08:32 AM

Hi Dan,

the servo trays hardware 90 degree aluminium angles as seen in the photo you posted were supplied with the model or home made??

regards

Martin.

spidernad 02-10-2012 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: mifsudm
Hi Dan,

the servo trays hardware 90 degree aluminium angles as seen in the photo you posted were supplied with the model or home made??

regards

Martin.
Those come with the model.

Buy the way.my plane did not go on the first ship it was supposed toand I had to wait for the next ship. It took longer than I thought it would to get to me but I was glad when it did arrive.

It is a lot of effort to get one of these planes. but if you are one of the few people whostep up to the challenge you will be rewarded with a model that will draw crowds at the flying field!

Dan

spidernad 02-11-2012 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

Another TMMY 35% Cessna 182 owner contacted me to see if I would make another one of my radio control dual steering wheel mechanisms for him to purchase, so I decided to make some jigs to reproduce the original and offer them for sale.
It was a lot of work to make the jigs but now that they are finished I can reproduce the device with a high degree of accuracy, time after time.

It might also fit the new 35% Cessna 185 that Randy (cgcrc) has developed with TMMY, if that has a similar dashboard.

There is a lot of time involved in making each one of these but the end result is a very high quality, precision mechanism that will surely amaze spectators and friends when you show your plane.
Combined with one of Patti's pilots (properlittlepeople.com) with optional moveable limbs, it will be nothing short of mind blowing!
The pilot can hold the steering wheel as it moves right/left, in/out. Talk about realism!

If you haven't seen the steering device yet, it is in the video below.

I can offer this device, ready to install, including servos, and free USPS Priority Mail shipping to U.S. for $295.00. Outside U.S. is $280.00 + shipping.
The device attaches right to the back of your existing dashboard.

To order, just send me a PM or email me at: [email protected]
I will need to have the center to center distance (in millimeters) of your steering shafts as they can vary from TMMY and these are made to order for your individual model.
It's best to take a picture of your dash with a ruler like the attached picture below.

Happy Modeling.

Dan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf7KrMqIbqk[/youtube]

mifsudm 02-16-2012 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hi everybody,

i just received the fuel filler caps, they look very scale, also the size of 32mm diameter. all i need to do know is to fit them on the model.

i am going to try to make them work like the real thing i.e. fill the model from the wings. i bought them

from http://www.flugmodellbau-shop.eu

regards

Martin

spidernad 03-01-2012 01:01 AM

They look pretty good Martin, might have to give them a look.

I made some modifications to my pilot to make his arms moveable and then I did some preliminary testing of him working the steering controls of the plane.
(Or should I say the controls working him, lol)
Looks like it might just work out OK.

Here is a short video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XladzfX5Gvc[/youtube]

TSHARK203 03-01-2012 02:50 AM

Nice looking work Dan.

spidernad 03-03-2012 04:52 PM

Thanks Shark,

Here is a quick video of what I did to make the pilots arms move.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsqorSYk6A8[/youtube]

mifsudm 03-04-2012 12:09 AM

hi everyone,

does anybody know what the tmmy Cessna is made of. is it Polyester Resin or Epoxy Resin??

regards Martin.

spidernad 03-04-2012 01:01 PM

If I'm not mistaken, fiberglass is laid up with polyester resin,epoxy resin is the type found in 5 or 30 minute epoxy,but if you have to know for certain just send Tommy an email.

spidernad 03-04-2012 01:07 PM

BTW Martin,

Did you get you plane yet?

Are you asking about the resin to do some reinforcements to the plane?