RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   Byron Ryan ST-A (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/8581419-byron-ryan-st.html)

Stickbuilder 10-16-2014 03:55 PM

Found the drawing. Right where I thought it was. Now to get a tube and head to the Post Office.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

lovehydro 10-16-2014 04:16 PM

Thank you Bill. Please let me know of any cost for the drawings or shipping.
I look forward to receiving them.
Thanks again, Paul

Stickbuilder 10-17-2014 09:19 AM

Again, they are free. Build the wings, copy the drawings and pass them around. It will make the Byron a better model.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

lovehydro 10-29-2014 07:08 AM

Hello Bill,
This is Paul (lovehydro) just checking to see if you have had time to ship the drawings yet. By any chance did you get a tracking number, I could check on them myself.
Thanks again for doing this, I think my friend might make the program to lazer cut the peaces need to build the wings. If he will do this, then people could buy these from him.
Paul

Stickbuilder 10-29-2014 09:19 AM

Finally found an appropriate tube. I'll be sending them out on Friday. Better late than never I guess.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

Vintauri 10-29-2014 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by lovehydro (Post 11907879)
Hello Bill,
This is Paul (lovehydro) just checking to see if you have had time to ship the drawings yet. By any chance did you get a tracking number, I could check on them myself.
Thanks again for doing this, I think my friend might make the program to lazer cut the peaces need to build the wings. If he will do this, then people could buy these from him.
Paul

If not I would love to get the plans and I could scan them and work them into CAD for easier sharing. I hope to build my Byron Ryan one of these years and having the built up wings would be great!

Keep us informed of your friends progress.

JeffH 11-05-2014 06:26 AM

How many of you guys would want a set of wind screens for your Ryan? I have contacted parkflyerplastics.com about making them available. Of course he would need numbers to make it viable since this an old, old, out of production kit. His prices are Very reasonable and quality is quite good.

lovehydro 11-11-2014 04:55 PM

Lovehydro would like two, please let us know the approximate price.
Thanks, Paul

JeffH 11-14-2014 10:23 AM

He declined to do these windscreens. Demand for such an old part and there for profit(or even break even money) would be very low vs. the labor to make the make the plugs, box them, ship them etc,

Looks like we will have to make them out of flat stock which is not that hard really, just nice to have the molded ones.

lovehydro 11-22-2014 06:18 AM

Hello Bill,
I am sorry to be bothering you again however it is November 11 and you said you would be mailing the drawings out on the 29 of October and I still have not received them. Was there a problem mailing them or should we be tracking them to see were they have gotten to?
Thanks, lovehydro

Stickbuilder 12-09-2014 01:05 AM

The drawing was sent finally. It was delayed due to some health issues which some people obviously don't understand. At any rate my tracking info tells me that he will receive it today. Hopefully, they will benefit some of you. One in particular, I don't care if it helps him at all. He is both rude and insulting.

Bill

Stickbuilder 12-09-2014 03:17 PM

He should have received the drawing today. Not a word. After all the insults he threw at me I'm not surprised. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just check the Waco YMF thread.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

Stickbuilder 12-14-2014 10:52 PM

Still not a word. Well, now you know who you're dealing with.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

Stickbuilder 12-29-2014 02:58 AM

Wow! All the insulting and not a word from this guy. I know he has the drawings, not one word from him, here or elsewhere.

Bill.

Stickbuilder 01-08-2015 08:52 AM

Anyone received your copy of the wing plan yet?

JeffH 01-08-2015 09:08 AM

After I read what he said in the other thread, I would not even pi$$ on him if he was on fire!

RickVB 01-09-2015 04:33 PM

Wow, after all that if he just sits on them and doesn't share, that would relegate him to the scumbag category. Really Paul, I know you've been reading Bill's last posts, you were online earlier today. Show some class, apologize, and post your plans for sharing. Either that or send them to me; I promise here in public I'll make an electronic copy available to anyone who wants it the same day I receive them.

Vintauri 01-10-2015 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by RickVB (Post 11958156)
Wow, after all that if he just sits on them and doesn't share, that would relegate him to the scumbag category. Really Paul, I know you've been reading Bill's last posts, you were online earlier today. Show some class, apologize, and post your plans for sharing. Either that or send them to me; I promise here in public I'll make an electronic copy available to anyone who wants it the same day I receive them.

I do hope we see a set of plans shared in some form. If I can get my hands on them I hope to draw them up in CAD so parts can be cut from a laser or CNC.

JeffH 01-10-2015 08:48 AM

Steve, what do you need to draw them in CAD? Outline, airfoil, wood spar location, aluminum spar structures, leading, trailing edge locations, tip structure shapes?
In reality, it would not take long to cut by hand. The parts count it low and quite a few of the ribs would be the same. If I draw a set, I will send them to you.

Vintauri 01-10-2015 09:04 AM

Well I was hoping to redraw the plans in CAD so it could be published as a PDF and shared electronically. That way anyone that wanted a set could take the file to Kinko's or any other printer and just print them out. But I would also then take the parts and cut them out on my CNC router or take them to work and cut them on the laser. I'd mainly need the rib outline for that but most people would want a printed plan to build from after getting the parts cut.

I'll gladly share whatever I am able to produce in a CAD file.

lovehydro 01-10-2015 12:39 PM

Steve,
Send me your address and I will forward the 1/2 wing plan view PLAN to you.
The plan shows none of the things you are planning on CNCing out. No rib outline, no spar. It is a simple plan view. I spent 18 months trying to get the same thing you are hoping to get.
I am sorry I got involved in this. If someone does draw a complete set of plans especially with cutout ribs and spar, and wing tips, ect. I would be happy to buy a short kit.
To all others please contact Steve, I will not have a copy Bills plan.
Paul

Stickbuilder 01-10-2015 09:11 PM

Then please return it, or send it to someone who can use it. I had no problem building a set of wings using it. Guess that speaks volumes about you.

Stickbuilder 01-22-2015 11:13 PM

Shame that a great thread got ruined.
Bill

JeffH 01-23-2015 05:12 AM

not ruined, just one page of BS. The first 5 pages have good information in them.
Once I start work on mine again, I will post here.

haefeli 01-29-2015 09:36 AM

when I was in the 6th grade in 1969 I saw my first Model Airplane News, when I opened the mag it was on the full page ad for Sig's Ryan STA. it was 72.99 for the kit. in 1989 I contacted Sig and asked about the kit, nobody knew anyone who had one. I left my name and number, a year later I get a call, lady at Sig says they were all on the picnic table having lunch and the conversation came up about the plane, somebody there says they have an unopened kit. next thing you know it is at my house. I opened it once to look inside and the first thing I saw was the decal sheet and STP sticker. Thought about selling it once and a while, any interest for a virgin 45 year old box? don't insult me cause I won't even respond.