RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   Nosen Mr Mulligan fuse templates needed (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/9663409-nosen-mr-mulligan-fuse-templates-needed.html)

aerowoof 04-15-2010 04:40 PM

Nosen Mr Mulligan fuse templates needed

I have the plans but no fuse formers are really shown,anyone have a kit they can scan the formers from?

VNulk 04-15-2010 06:23 PM

RE: Nosen Mr Mulligan fuse templates needed

If you have two sheets of plans, that's all there is. As the pre-cut parts are labled, follow the directions and it will go together just fine and you won't need cross-section images at each former. Do you have the set of instructions?

Vern

aerowoof 04-15-2010 06:37 PM

I am scratch building this so have to cut the parts myself.need to know their shape that is why I asked for scans or tracings

VNulk 04-15-2010 07:42 PM

I get it and now understand better your situation. Since my fuse is already assembled, I can't trace the individual parts. I guess I can't provide the assistance you need. Sorry.

Vern

VNulk 04-15-2010 07:47 PM

Aerowoof,

I just thought to look at the map and perhaps you're not so far away that you want to consider coming down to take your own measurements. Like I wrote, my fuse is built up, but not completed or enclosed. With some effort, you would be able to grab shapes with foil impressions or tracing from where they are in the fuse. Interested?

Vern

aerowoof 04-17-2010 12:38 PM

Thanks for the offer I may have to accept.but I do have a memmber that I emailed and he is willing to trace the parts in his kit but may take awhile.I will wait and see.Again thanks

VNulk 04-17-2010 01:57 PM

I took a closer look at the fuse last night and I can tell you now that all of the fuse formers on the bottom are semicircular. All you need to do is draw a half circle on your stock the same diameter as the fuse width on the drawings at that former number. It's really simple. The rib shapes are not as easy and will require some careful measuring and tracing from the assembled wing. Perhaps this can get you started on the fuse.

Vern

aerowoof 04-17-2010 06:18 PM

I thought the wing plan form was straight with a rounded tip.all the ribs should be the same shape except for airlerons and possible spar placement except for one rib at the tip is smaller and possibly thinner.I can gt that with some scaling.but if I am wrong on the wing please correct me.

VNulk 04-17-2010 07:32 PM

All the ribs are the same until the aileron where each rib's shape changes as you work towards the wing tip as the aileron's leading edge tapers. That's why I have some trouble defining each rib's shape.

ARUP 04-18-2010 07:06 AM

Paul Matt has drawn Mr. Mulligan 3-views. You can use those to develop fuse. I have an Ikon N' West kit. I could scan the parts and e-mail them to you. Like said in another post the lower portion of fuse is semicircular. The sides and top are flat so fuse formers should be easy to draw using top and side views.

aerowoof 05-09-2010 07:35 AM

I have scans of the parts from an originall kit now so I am all set.thanks for all the offers.

bernd_57 12-19-2018 08:47 AM

Hello

I have the plans but no fuse formers are really shown,anyone have a kit they can scan the formers from?
The Templateplans from Outerzone or Free Rc Plans sins a littel Wrong
The BHD-1 Former have mor gaps as one for the 1/4 Stringers
I am serching scan from this Former.

Greetings Bernd
sorry for my bad englisch