Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Global Jet Club Product Supports
Reload this Page >

parts Wren 44 turbine wheel and NGV

Community
Search
Notices
Global Jet Club Product Supports Product News, Alert and Notices, and Technical Support

parts Wren 44 turbine wheel and NGV

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Ger Kovacs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts Wren 44 turbine wheel and NGV

Hoi everyone.

Does anyone knows where I can get Wren parts?

Read that Mike Murphy has stopt the old Wren shop.

I'm looking for a NGV and a turbine wheel, a friend of mine has flow'n to long with a worn rear bearing, this problem has occured/caused an broken turbine wheel, all blades are gone and a distorted NGV witch isn't round anymore.
I is no problem for me to fix this turbine but I need this 2 parts to go further.
Hopefully can somebody help me or give me advise where I hopefully can get these parts.

Has already contacted Uwe Canapin but he advices me to sent in the turbine to him.
Then this repare will be around 1000 euro's, way to much offcourse for an old turbine, you can buy now an new Kingtech 45 for 1650 euro.
And probibaly much beter quality then the old Wren.

Kind regards Ger Kovacs.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:06 AM
retflyer

Wren still up and running as Wren Power Systems with new website. Prices of services and parts are on there.

Barrie
Old 02-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Ger Kovacs

Well, had a very nice conversation with Mike and Leonie what resulted in a few Wren 44 parts and finally resulted in a very fine running 44er again.
Had a rough cast NGV send to me, take about an hour of two to machining the NGV perfect fit for my old engine, fitted it in the engine, first a short run with a few old bearings to a rpm of about 150K, EGT oke, acc oke balance oke, after that a set of new bearings fitted and a well balancing the little devel is now running very smooth on a very fast acc setting,
The reborn engine gets a new life in my small home build F18 from 1 meter span and a length of 1.45 meter, fueld up weight is 3.8 kg.

Thank's, Mike and Leonie for your trust and beleving in me, wil send you further details about the 'reborn' 44er.

Hopefully your buisness will be running fine again by now.

Kind Regards Ger Kovacs.