Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Global Jet Club Product Supports
Reload this Page >

Help With ACE 60 Turbine

Notices
Global Jet Club Product Supports Product News, Alert and Notices, and Technical Support

Help With ACE 60 Turbine

Old 07-09-2017, 07:13 PM
bushong572
My Feedback: (59)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help With ACE 60 Turbine

I tried to fly my F-16 today and had trouble with the ACE 60. I purchased this secondhand (turbine has about 3 hours on it). The previous owner flew it 3 weeks before I bought it with no trouble. He was running it on diesel, I am using JET- A. I'm getting quite a bit of flame on start up, and the start sequence seems too long to get to "running". Once it is running (at idle), I am getting a "popping" every few seconds. It seems to be too much fuel....this is only my 3rd turbine and I've had 0 problems with my 2 KingTechs. The turbine will flame-out under acceleration. I went into settings (startup menu) and lowered the fuel pump voltage down to .18 and slowed the rpm acc to idle .85/ full 105. Glow plug voltage is 6v. It runs better now (start up stills seems too long) Flame at start up is less and it does not flame out under accelleration but the throttle response way too slow. It does run to 160,000 and sounds good at full throttle. Should I increase glow plug voltage?
ECU Version 1.00.20
GSU Version 1.01.00

Any ideas????
Old 07-10-2017, 02:24 PM
bushong572
My Feedback: (59)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked with Terry today at GJC. I think we got it sorted out....

Thanks