Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Balsa P-51 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:03 AM
whiptail1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa P-51 conversion

I have a P-51 that was given to me that is made of balsa stringers and sheeting. It was designed to use a .25 2 stroke glow engine. I am thinking about converting it to e-power but can't figure out was size motor I need. I havent got a scale so I don't know what it weighs but I would guess 2 pound or less. The fuse, stripped of everything, is light but the wing seems much heavier. I have been trying to find a company selling motors that tells what each is equal to in glow engines. I would like to buy from an importer becasue then I wouldn't feel so bad if it crashed.
Any ideas?

Old 03-17-2011, 11:08 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Balsa P-51 conversion

You can look at the following as a baseline guide:

Motor - any China 3536-900KV or 3536-1,000KV, try not to exceed 1,100KV for a motor that size. Eflite makes things easier as their motors are using a glow size reference.

ESC - 40A ESC, I love the Turnigy PLUSH ones, built in UBEC that works great.

Battery - 3S 2200 or 3S 2,500. The 3S 2200 are more 'versatile', you got many planes that are built for that set up, the 2,500s are heavier.

Prop - 10x6 to 11x8