Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

World/airborne 40 mustang conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

World/airborne 40 mustang conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 05:01 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default World/airborne 40 mustang conversion

I am toying with converting this plane - I am looking for recommendations for a 900-1000 watt power system for this plane, which will give me the power I want. I think I would get a motor with a kva of about 700 rpm or above - I'm not interested in hovering - I fly my mustangs a full speed/power from takeoff until I start to set up for landing, so I'm thinking maybe an 11-8 prop or similar to give me a strafing run at 75-80 mph.

It looks like I could add a hatch to the top of the fuselage without much problem for the battery.

For batteries I'm thinking of using LiFe instead of Lipos - looks like you can buy them from Hoobby King for about what the equivalent LiPo would cost. So I am looking for a speed control that would sense these 3.6 volt/cell batteries and shut off at 70% of their initial voltage, or maybe at a bottom of say 2.5 volts.

Thanks for your help

Ed