Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gentle Lady gas to electric conversion

First post :-) maybe this should be in the newbie forum. I dug out my old Gentle Lady glider afterit satin the crawl space for 15 years. It has a Cox .049 engine and I'd like to convert it to electric. The radio gear is an Airtronics VG4R TX and 92765/72 RX. I bought a gsmodels T-18 motor controller and a C28-26-12 brushless outrunner motor. The guy at the hobby shop assured me that it would all work together. From the research I've done it says that I have to reverse the red and black wires in the connector from the controller to the receiver. I just wanted to confirm this before I made all of the magic smoke come out. The nicads in the TX and RX havn't been used for 15 + years. I should replace them, can I use lithium cells or should I look at finding nicads? I was planning to use a lithium battery that came with a recently purchased park flyer to run the motor.
    TIA for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz79123.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	1771751  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Gentle Lady gas to electric conversion

First flight, it all works but I'm really disappointed with the performance. I remember the 0.49 doing a much better job.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Recently I retired my old Airtronics radio gear... Are you still using it?

Here are the guts I removed from an old plane last week...

Hangar: Under Maintance

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello
    I also have a GEntile Lady Glider that I have converted to to Brushless,lipos ESc etc.Have not flown it yet yet. I used a mixture of stuff that I bought on E-bay used it appears to work,except am not sure what prop to use yet. The Esc has BEC (Battery eliminator Cicuit) but am still going to use the Rec. battery anyway (For nose Weight)
    Using Lipo 3cell,800 MAH,ESC 30a, E- Flight 740Kv brushless motor,6' prop,Just guessing at this application,cannot find any good info on how to do this yet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used a 6 x 4 fixed prop because that was what was on the gas engine. After I switched to a 8 x 4 folding prop it was much better. Almost over powered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us52509.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	1807769