Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

My conversions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 10:04 AM
nhk750

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My conversions

So far I have built a Great Planes Taylorcraft-20, converted to electric, and a Sig Hog Bipe, converted. My next conversion build will be a Great Planes Extra 300s 60 to electric. I build these from new kits, not ARF's. I also have a Top Flight P-47 (60 inch wingspan) kit I will be converting. What can I say, I love electric power and the best kits seem to be gas or nitro...
Old 04-07-2018, 05:03 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, I am totally in the electric camp myself. I too have converted a Sig Hog Bipe to electric along with a Sig SSE (both near completion). And I also have a TF P-47 under construction that will be converted to electric, so we seem to think quite a bit alike

Its true that most of the kits left on the market today originated from an time when electric was not really a available (or practical), but there are some out there today that have been designed with electric power in mind (like Skyshark and Stevens Aero).
Old 04-07-2018, 05:39 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, the planes that are 90 glow size and down work so well electric.. and they are pretty cheap at that size to power up with electric.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:28 AM
g33kfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion

I have a GP Pete n Poke still in the box. I’m all electric now and almost sold this kit. I think I’m gonna try and convert it to electric.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:24 AM
nhk750

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Al, what happened with the Hog build? I keep watching for more...

AV8, converting is pretty easy, just usually put the battery where the fuel tank would go and make a hatch.
The following users liked this post:
g33kfly (07-13-2021)