Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

electric marutaka b-25?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 09:35 PM
miamifly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric marutaka b-25?

Well I've been flying for more then 2 years now, and have become a pretty hardcore nitro person. But as I'm building my latest project, a Marutaka b-25 the thought occured to me to try electric. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. I pretty clueless when it comes to electric stuff, though I used to have a traxxas villian and learned a bit about batteries and motors with it. Anyway, I was reading the most recent MAN and saw a great article about converting a 60-sized stuka to electric. I really liked the set up this guy has with the MEC solderless tubes and also the super universal engine mount from cambria tool & machine. So what motor gearbox combination would some one recommend with this aircraft, as well as number of cells required and other things I may be overlooking?

Specs for the aircraft are as follows:
Wingspan: 71 inch
Engine set up: .40 2C or .5 4C
weight: ~10 pounds
wing area: 750 sq in

I don't want to go all out with power like some of the people here, just enough to do mild aerobatics such as a large loop. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:00 AM
stefanP

Default RE: electric marutaka b-25?

How much money do you want to spend on this project?(eletric conversion part) Have you ever flown a warbird before?stefanP
Old 12-13-2003, 12:55 AM
miamifly

Yes I've flown a warbird before and several other planes I would guess to be more challenging then the b-25. I was previously thinking of 2 OS .52 4 cycles which would cost about $340. Now I know the motors I'd need wouldn't be cheap, but I think maybe in the ball park of $400 with ESC gearbox's moter mounts, more or less everything but the batteries would be my price range. Any ideas?
Old 12-13-2003, 08:54 AM
stefanP

Well for that money you better stay with glow.Also you need to spend $$ on a good feild charger,watt meter and power source to power charger.I also suggest you do more eletric research.Search the web for Ken Myers E.F.O. personal web site and spend a good half a day and read the articals page.best of luck,stefanP