Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Great Planes P-38

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 04:18 PM
jimbosstuff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes P-38

I've been away form the forums for awhile, and I might have missed any on the conv. of the Great Planes P-38 to electric. I snap up one of the kits months ago and like all of us electric fans though how cool to convert this plane to E-power, So has it happened? Whats your set up? E-Jim
Old 01-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Great Planes P-38

You've hit on another of my, "If I had all the money in the world, this is what I'd do," projects.

Can't recall seeing anybody doing a conversion of this plane on this forum, but you can use the search to find out for sure.

Anyway, here's what I'd do right now:

Two AXI 2820/10s, each with a 3S2P Kokam 1500 pack (located in/on the nacelles for short wire runs) and a 10x7 APC E prop to draw about 25A at full tilt. 500+ Watts from an airplane that should weigh far less than 5lb.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:53 PM
jimbosstuff1

Default RE: Great Planes P-38

Thanks Matt, This P-38 project is going to be a good one. There is all kinds of places to hide electric stuff. No fuel tanks setting out there...and maybe room for some retracts, Ya baby! That sounds like a good combo up front...this thing could really cook. I'll sneak it into the T-34 races we have at our club and come out of the smoke on the first turn.....so I'm a big kid.. I'll do some research and see what comes up. E-Jim