Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Top Flight P-39 Aircobra

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Darrell B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flight P-39 Aircobra

Hi Guys,

Has anyone atempted a conversion of the Top Flight .60 size P-39 to electric. I really like this kit, had one before that I flew on nitro, and would really like to build one again with electric. I'm thinking AXI motor, and Lipos. Has anyone done this one? Can anyone recommend motor size, motor control, pack size, etc. etc. etc. I want to build it with flaps, and retracts.[8D] I really hope that some of you will chime in with some good ideas.

Thanks,
Darrell B.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:09 PM
roscoe13

Default RE: Top Flight P-39 Aircobra

A club member here in the great white north flew a 'Cobra for a few years. It was awsome. He left the gear off, and used a dolly for take-off. If memory serves, it had a geared Astro with 20 or so cells. Look for Sabrejock on the boards. He also has a TF sea fury in the air now (figure of speech, it's -38C here).
Old 01-31-2004, 10:42 PM
soumas

I'll be watching for answers to your plea. I have the same idea; already have the kit and a set of mechanical retracts. I plan on using an ACTRO 40-6 with a 6s4p 8Amp/hr LiPo pack. Lets see if anyone chimes in here.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:48 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Darrell,

I have converted many .60-size planes to electric power like the Hangar 9 Corsair and AT-6, the Bohemia Models Monocoupe, Graupner ShowFlyer, and many others. You should have no problem converting your P-39.

Although there are many choices on the market now to pick from, I would recommend giving Tom Cimato of [link=http://www.maxcim.com/]MaxCim Motors[/link] a call for the following reasons:
[ul][*] Tom can supply a guaranteed plug-n-play system[*] geared electric motor matches the glow footprint offset[*] a great resource of information for first time conversions
[/ul]

Good luck!