Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

World Models Sky Raider conversion

Old 04-05-2004, 09:38 PM
cafplanekid
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default World Models Sky Raider conversion

My next plane is going to be The World Models Sky Raider, here is a conversion thread on the ezone: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=215044 . Im going to use my AXI 2820/10, 3s2p Irate 2200 and 10cellCP2400 battery pack. 12/6 or 12/8 APC E prop, Jerzy 40 mm spinner off of Ezone, 555 receiver. HS-81 servos on elevator and rudder. Will an 81 or 85 be enough for the ailerons (1 servo setup)? I hope to come out at about 60 watts/pound, more than enough for a trainer i think. I have an AeroNaut firewall mount to use with the AXI. The really attractive thing about this plane is its price, only 70 dollars for a well-built, lite, pre-hinged ARF! If there is any interest, ill start a build thread when i get the model. I hope i can find one locally this weekend, saving my lunch money to pay for it.
Jonathan
Old 04-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: World Models Sky Raider conversion

Converting .40-size trainers to 10-cell electrics is fairly common. I have one myself, a Tower Trainer 40 with a Kyosho Endoplasma. It performs fairly well for about 8 minutes per flight on CP2400 packs. From what I've read about the AXi 2820/10 installed on Sig Kadet LT25s (same size/weight as a typical .40 trainer), you'll absolutely love it.

Plunk a 12x8 prop on there, but be careful to only use full throttle in short bursts. That'll give you 75 Watts per pound.