Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

DC-3

Old 05-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Roger Q.
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default DC-3

I have just purchased Great Planes DC-3, and am planning on putting a Astro cobalt, geared 25
(a pair of them really). Has anyone built this plane, and if so any suggestions about taking weight out of/off the plane. It is a magnificent kit, and I am excited about building it, but any ideas on losing weight would help. Oh yes, I am going to use 14-16 3000 mah batteries, with one astro speed control. the electric gurus at Astro Flight tell me this makes a great combination: we'll see. I volunteer at the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon, where the Spruce Goose resides now (along with 59 and growing other aircraft), and we have a C-47 that flew on D-Day, pulling gliders across the pond. I am thinking of doing the craft in the colors on this plane, and put in retracts. Roger
Old 05-07-2004, 09:14 PM
dicknadine

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DC-3

not on DC-3 but the Spruce Goose. have they got it assembled or started the assy of it in a hanger yet? spent quite a bit of time in it, while it was in calif. will model it one of these days, right now its the Russian, Monsters ala, 1929, Kalinin Giant K-7, 6 electric tractor motors,1 pusher dummy, 81" plans drawn ,now to find another forest of balsa. dick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65966.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	130141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66705.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	130142