Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

aeroworks .40 size edge 540 to electric?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

aeroworks .40 size edge 540 to electric?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:58 PM
alphawolf442

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aeroworks .40 size edge 540 to electric?

OK- I'm looking at getting an Aeroworks .40 Edge 540, and was wondering what I should use for power- motor, esc, batteries, prop. I need to know what brushed motor setup would work, as I wont have the $$$$ for a BL if I get the plane(I know I'll have to save for it later, But its really not an option right now if I get the plane). Also- I was considering making my >40 size super stick into an EP, and if i dont get the Edge, I could possibly go BL there, so what setup would be right for that? My Super Stick weighs in at about 3-3 1/2 lbs completely empty, no eng, radio gear, or anything. It has never seen air, or even an engine, so conversion should be no prob there. I also need it in layman's terms, as I'm not real savvy w/ plane tech jargon.

Thanks for any help.

Will/aka WOLF
Old 08-01-2004, 05:45 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: aeroworks .40 size edge 540 to electric?

it is impossible to get performance without $$$, but you can manage without spending $$$$$ IF doing it in a clever way. for ex buying a BL setup directly, instead first buying a $50 brushed, and a $50 ESC, and a gearbox, and several props....

thrust me, buying a BL setup directly is the cheapest way!

there are lot´s of cheaper still good systems, for ex a Mega 22/20/2 + MEC 6:1 gb, or so. swinging a large prop can make a cheap system very good! aim for 18x10 or so. check your numbers with motocalc to comfirm if it works.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:46 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: aeroworks .40 size edge 540 to electric?

BTW, also getting a light plane will reduce $$ from the motor system!! get out the knife and cut away heavy stuff needed only for the vibration if the glow engine.