Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

Ace simple series AT-6 Texan conversion help

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Ace simple series AT-6 Texan conversion help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:06 PM
jrcoone
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace simple series AT-6 Texan conversion help

Im going to build a Ace simple series AT-6 that I would like to convert to epower. It will have a 35" wing span and weigh in at 20 oz. It calls out for a .049 - .074 glow engine. I would like to go brushless but don't really have the exta money, so I might have to stay with brushed and nihms. Any motor, prop and ics setup info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ace simple series AT-6 Texan conversion help

What's "ics?"

This plane is kind of "in between" when it comes to brushed power system solutions. It's a little big for a Speed 400, and a lot small for a Speed 500.

We're probably talking closer to 24-28 ounces with low-budget electric (i.e. brushed & NiMH). For battery, maybe a 10-cell CBP750 or CBP1100 NiMH from cheapbatterypacks.com. If you want brushed, I think your only choice is going to be a "480" or long-can 400 motor with a 3:1 gearbox and 9x6 prop.