Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Brushless Twin Battery??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 01:31 PM
rfg06
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Twin Battery??

Hi Guys,
I'm thinking about converting a Hobbico Twinstar to e-power. I want to use to 2 bl motors each with their own esc. Now, should I use 1 main battery for both motors or should each motor have an individual pack. I was thinking that 1 main pack would be better. anyone have any experience with brushless electric twins?????
Old 08-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Brushless Twin Battery??

Either way will work. In the case of the Twinstar fuselage, I would suspect that a single pack for both motors would be easiest.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

rfg06,

Go to "Electric , General Discussion" and search "Counter Rotating Props" (don't ask) to see my conversion on the Hobbico Twinstar.
I used two Axi 2820-10 motors, two Jeti 40 amp controllers. a 3S3P 6000 Li-Po battery and APC 10X7 E. props.
The problem I have is the battery runs too hot running two motors, around 140 to 150 degrees, 135 is max with the 10X7's and when I use 10X6's I lose performance so I'll will soon be installing a pair of battery's, one for each motor for a cure but don't know which battery's yet.
I'm using the same setup in my Urovitch OV-10 Bronco with the same problem.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:50 AM
rfg06
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,
Thanks for your help Greg & Carlos and nice job on the conversion Carlos!!! I will definitely check out the thread detailing your conversion.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Check the Hobby Lobby ad at the top of this page, their now offering a "conversion" info service.
You tell them about the plane you want to convert and they will provide you with 3 possible power systems, Trainer, Sport or 3-D.