Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

Power System for a 4 Engine Bomber

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Power System for a 4 Engine Bomber

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 12:53 PM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power System for a 4 Engine Bomber

Hello everyone,
I know I probably should do more research myself but I'll ask here anyway.
I have been flying a alfa model for about 6 months now and really like it. I have a Avro Lancaster kit that I have started but have not bought the engines for it. It calls for 4- 91 Four Stroke engines.
I am looking at about $1000 for all 4, Maybe a little more. I have even pondered over making it a Manchester and going with 2 gas engines.

Does anyone know what would be a good electric set up would be for a plane this size. 132" wing span and they say about 32lbs. I would like to be inexpensive as possible but realiable. and brushless motors. I was pricing a set up through Hobby Lobby and just off the web site I was looking at about $1500 or more...

Thanks in advance Ty
Old 09-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Tweet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power System for a 4 Engine Bomber

Four AXI 4130/16's on 5S or 6S each should provide better than scale performance, but that won't keep you to $1,000 when you add in the batteries and speed controls 4X.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Darrell B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power System for a 4 Engine Bomber

Ty,

If you went with the Manchester ooption, you could go with two of the AXI 5330s and two of the Jeti 77 controllers, if you weren't going to push them to hard, but your battery needs will go up to a 10s. With this setup you could turn 18 or 19" props fairely easily, and if you went with three bladers, you could probably look pretty scale.

Darrell