Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Great Planes Combat Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 04:53 PM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Combat Corsair

I can't upload pics right now, because my desktop PC is down...again! I have an older Sony digital Camera that uses floppies, and the desk top is the one with the floppy drive. None on the laptop.

My fuse is fiberglassed so it made cutting the hatch out a bit easier. Actually made the piece you remove (hatch cover) more rigid, so it holds it shape much better. After I cut the opening, I glued rails on the underside of the sheeting, along the edges of the new opening in the fuse leaving about a 1/4 in lip. This gives the piece you remove an edge to sit on once it is back in place. I simply used small screws through the corners of the hatch to secure it to the rails I glued in to the edge of the hatch opening on each side. Pretty simple really. I made a wire harness for my (2) battery packs. I rubberband the two batteries together, one on top of the other, and then install them with them pushed all the way to the firewall. I did have to add lead to the nose of the plane. I am not sure how much as I added a little at a time without weighing anything. Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Larry Dudeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Combat Corsair

I hope you can stand one more post on the GP Combat Corsair. I'm using an E-Flight 15 BL motor, 12 x 8 MAS E-prop and a 2S2Px4200 mahr LiPo. I added some finger grips to the fuse bottom to help in hand launch and covered the servos with modified FG wheel pants. I covered the muffler cutout with 1/32 balsa. AUW is 42 oz.

At full Throttle, the motor draws 28 amps. She won't go vertical but it's pretty close. At cruise flight, duration is 15 minutes. An aerobat she isn't but will loop, roll, all the usual, easy manuevers.
Top speed is ~50-ish
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97416.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	561817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40139.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	561818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54381.jpg
Views:	18