Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

Motor Mount for a Vmar Cessna E conversion.

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Motor Mount for a Vmar Cessna E conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
westridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mount for a Vmar Cessna E conversion.

I bought a The VMAR Cessna 182 Skylane 45-60 ARF and will be converting it to electric, I will be using a hacker b5013 xl not sure if i need a gear box
or not but if I do what would you suggest. ?

Power Class: Glow (.40 - .59)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96384.gif
Views:	19
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	487616  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:56 PM
normgoyer

Default RE: Motor Mount for a Vmar Cessna E conversion.

John, Cessna made over 100 models which are you talking about? and what is a warewolf? Did you mean the mystical monster of old the werewolf? Norm

Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 PM
westridge

Hi Norm, Vmar makes only one cessna.

http://www.richmondrc.com/vma/common...ma%20c360x.htm
Old 07-06-2006, 09:08 AM
normgoyer

Hi Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with that product line but I did go to their website and found the 182 which they call a trainer, well it may be a trainer for R/C but is usually not considered a trainer in General Aviation although any aircraft can teach some one to fly, it will just take longer and mega bucks. The Cessna 182 is probably the best family aircraft ever built. It is quite fast for a fixed gear aircraft and will take huge loads. Cessna should be proud of this one.

I want to apoligize for my somewhat "smart" reply. I had just come off of 8 hours of editing submissions for a book I am writing and I guess my aging mind was still in the editing mode. Forums need to transmit "information" in any way that is understandable. Correct spelling has nothing to do with this transfer of info. I am sorry that I answered the way that I did.

I would like to help fellow modelers as others have helped me and I suggest that when asking for conversion help please list:

Exact model description such as J-3 Cub, manufacturer, ARF, 82" span listed flying weight 7 pounds suggested engine 46 to 60 ci glow.

A Mustang demands different flying characteristics than does a Cub or a high wing trainer and thus demands a different motor/battery combination. I am an active electric flyer and all my models are converted glow designs. I love Cubs and Corsairs because of their looks and my association with them.

Norm
Old 07-19-2006, 08:38 PM
gouda
My Feedback: (69)

How is it coming??