Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Quick Models Yak 54

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 PM
StephenT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Models Yak 54

Guys has anyone converted a QUICK MODELS Yak 54?

I picked one up partily built at the LHS. It has a fiberglass fuselage and a builtup balsa wing. Great paint and covering. It seems heavy to me. I put the system from my Magic in it with a PQ 3700 4S and a Jeti 30-3 Motor and 12x6 APC prop. It comes in at 6 lbs. My Magic was 4 and half lbs. The instructions gave no CG. I am going with 1/3 rd of the way back.

I'm testing it tomarrow.

StephenT
Old 09-21-2006, 09:25 PM
StephenT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quick Models Yak 54

Guys

It flew. Two flights in this AM. Not a 3D flier, but it was fast and HEAVY. It was too tail heavy. It tends to climb all of the time, even inverted. Snaps easy. Fast landings. I found the CG in the corner of the last page. My Japanese is getting better. I was way off. 80-90mm back. I was at 100+mm. I had to cut a large hole in the firewall to move the batteries forward 2 inches. I need to go further but the motor is in the way. Ha! ha!. I have a Heavy Hub from Harry, but am trying to get the weight down. I put on lighter wheels and tires. I also carved out some more vent holes in the fiberglass. Fly and test! Fly and test!

StephenT