Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

Goldberg skylane 62 conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Goldberg skylane 62 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg skylane 62 conversion

Hello all, I just recieved my Arf over the weekend and it is a beautiful plane. Tonight we cut out the existing engine beams and opend up a 2" hole for motor cooling and found that the 3200 Kokam cells fit thru the exising hatch. Right now it will be powered with a E-Flite 46 5S Kokam 3200's 12x 8 master airscrew electric prop pictures to follow.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Goldberg skylane 62 conversion

I have yet to take pics; but the plane now has 25 flights on it. I switched to a 10 x 7 apc electric prop turning 10,600 at WOT pulling 28 amps and I am getting 8 minute flights on a 5s 1p 3200 pack. I left out the back window for cooling and the pack is barelly wrm when I land. I have 1/8 of down elevator mixed in with full flaps and wished they were bigger as the only complaint with the plane other than the spindally gear but since I fly off pf a paved field it is no problem but might be for grass ops. I'll try and post pics over the holiday weekend. If you have any questions just ask .
Old 12-30-2012, 12:18 PM
D2091

Ron,
I am reading your post nearly 6 years after the fact. I have been slowly rehabing the Skylane 62 of a dearly departed friend (I guess I am trying to finish some of his unfinished projects. Will anybody be trying to finish mine someday?). What would your motor recommendation be today? I hate the thought of submitting the plane to oil once again. I expect it will see little actual flying. I hope you even see this message! Denny Goodrich
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Mooney_driver

ORIGINAL: D2091

Ron,
I am reading your post nearly 6 years after the fact. I have been slowly rehabing the Skylane 62 of a dearly departed friend (I guess I am trying to finish some of his unfinished projects. Will anybody be trying to finish mine someday?). What would your motor recommendation be today? I hate the thought of submitting the plane to oil once again.
I have one of those projects too. Mine is a kit that Istarted in about 1972 and screwed up the ailerons and was not sure how to proceed. It is one that Ido want to finish though as those were nice flying planes. It is a bit late now but would like to have added flaps to mine. Ido not have any electrics at all but would like to acquire at least one and this would be a nice plane to start with.

Good luck with your project. Some pictures of your progress would be interesting.