Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Kadet conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Gypsy56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kadet conversion question

I know you old sparkies get tired of answering questions, but please humor me. I've been flying RC since about 1975, so I am very familiar with the hobby, but not electrics.
I believe electrics are the wave of the future so I guess it's time I jump on board and try to figure all of this stuff out.
Here's my question. I decided to use a Kadet Seniorita, but most of the guys on various chatrooms say to convert it to a taildragger and add ailerons. Why?
I prefer the lighter weight and less complex build of the standard kit. Is there something I don't know here? I'm looking to build a kinda giant electric glider.
You know, power up and then shut down and hunt for thermals then get back on the power if I need to. I've noticed that the LT-25 Kadet is already kitted as a taildragger
with ailerons, but it is also heavier. Any ideas? Would there be any problems with building the Seniorita as intended and converting to electric.

David
Old 01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kadet conversion question

Hi David,

The Sig Kadet Seniorita is a basic trainer design that many people find easy to modify for added capability. It doesn't mean that you have to make any other changes than converting it to clean and quiet electric power.

You can find an example electric conversion scheme [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/g2e-sigkadetsnrita.htm]here[/link].

Good luck and welcome to the Electric Aircraft Universe of RCU!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83258.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	845829  
Old 01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
normgoyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Greg, just finished up a conversion of the great BH T-28 to electric with A123 M1 cells. Flies great. Norm
Old 01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Norm,

I'll bet it looks great! Don't be a tease...start your own thread and show us some photos.

Regards.