Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

electric conversions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:54 AM
darryllk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric conversions

Hi
I am new at this electric bit What size and type of electric motor should i use to change 25cc IC motors I have a transaal and I am thinking of putting electric motors in it Thanks for any help
Darryll
Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: electric conversions

You gotta look at the weight of your airplane to figure out what size motor you'll need. I really like the Horizon Hobby Eflite motors because they're so easy to select based on weight/power requirements. It can seem overwhelming at first, until you get a couple motors and try them in different airframes with different props/batteries. Not sure what a transal is, but if it has a .25, this should work for you. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=EFLM4025A
I also really like the Hacker series motors, good power and they're supposed to be really efficient. Some might argue they're all basically the same though.