Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Anyone tried pump for a Saito 300?

Old 08-01-2003, 05:28 AM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Anyone tried pump for a Saito 300?

I have a Saito 300 and need to place the tank low below the carb. Is anyone using the 300 with a pump or regulator and how does this work ?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:35 AM
sportflyer-RCU
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone tried pump for a Saito 300?

Here is a link for Saito 300 fuel pumps: http://saito-engines.info/body_pumps.html
See Section 4 for Saito provided pumps .
Old 04-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Den B

Go with a Cline or Iron Bay regulator should do the trick, I did use a Perry shaker pump for my 90ts twin but I don't know if it will give you the volume for the 300.

Den
Old 04-09-2004, 11:13 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Alf:

If your Saito is the FA-300T-TDP a Perry pump will not work. You could get by with two of them, fed from two separate clunks in the tank, but I strongly doubt a single pump would do. If yours is the FA-300TL a single pump just might do it, but I'd be worried about having a lean problem caused by insufficient delivery volume. We're talking about a pretty high fuel rate, remember.

If you can get the tank pressure you need, the Iron Bay regulator should work fine, again ifyours is the 300TL. If it's the -TDP version, you will probably need two.

Bill.

PS: Iron Bay regulators are less expensive than Cline, and work every bit as well. wr.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:56 AM
RCJones

This has been a truly valuable thread to me. I aquired and old Eagle with a Saito 270 and did not know that the device mounted to the side was a Saito pump. It has three nipples on it and I thought it was a flow regulator for the smoke. Thanks very much for the Saito info link!

Dave