Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Moki 360 twin mount needed

Does anyone have a mount from the Moki 3.60 twin? Hobby People cannot get them anymore.
    TIA
    Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Moki 360 twin mount needed

It isn't an engineering stretch to make one out of maple motor mount stock and plywood. It's done on a regular basis in other aspects of the hobby.
    Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dennis

It isn't an engineering stretch to make one out of maple motor mount stock and plywood. It's done on a regular basis in other aspects of the hobby.
    Dennis
    No kidding....you must be god of the almight maple tree to be able to engineer such a feat. [:@]
    Since you have no idea what I am putting the engine in, I would appreciate keeping your smart comments to yourself. I did not ask if anyone knew how to make a wood mount, I asked if anyone had the Moki/Mark mount designed for this engine. I have been building for almost 30 years, I am more than capable of making a mount, however, I am choosing to use the metal mount.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You go boy! Nice comeback!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

try mokispares@gmail.com
    You dont have access to a spare front crankcase do you? The grooved one for the big crankpin front shaft?
    What are you planning to put it in, and what prop do you plan using ?
    jp 1 x360 installed and GOING! Building another one now...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

try mokispares@gmail.com
    You dont have access to a spare front crankcase do you? The grooved one for the big crankpin front shaft?
    What are you planning to put it in, and what prop do you plan using ?
    I got 5250rpm on the recommended 24x10, flew 90" Extra , but not well. Went to a 22x12, 7000rpm, hauls like crazy.

jp 1 x360 installed and GOING! Building another one now...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ended up getting the mount from AMR in Canada. The ordered it from Moki since they are dealer. Great people to deal with!! Shipping from Canada to the US is pricey, but AMR's service is first rate. From the Moki Factory to my door was 3-3.5 weeks.
    I went with them since they were in North America, the Moki factory also said they would send me one direct as well as Just Engines in the UK told me they would send me one too. One of these outlets should be able to take care of you.
    Have you looked at Hobby People, they had a few spares for the 360 left a few months ago.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hobby people dont seem to list the part I want, even as Out of Stock. mokispares are trying to get the piece for me. How is yours behaving for you? I had mine in storage for a while, but have had a few flights again lately - now have starting down to 7 hand flicks for 5 starts...
    jp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine has been in storage for a great while. I will need to put new bearings and rings when I revive it. I hope to do so this year. I have P-51 or Spitfire that it will fit perfectly in. The spitfire's problem is cooling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For info on cooling, can I suggest visiting supercoolprops web site. In articles there is some great stuff, and examples of full size planes at Reno. Principle is - small inlet area, largest possible space in front of engine (for air to slow down so pressure rises), then duct to where its needed, and big outlet area. I have a 210 in a GeeBee Y that showed signs of overheating until I made some baffles to guide air over the cyl barrel, and down behind it.
    hth
    jp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JeffH

ORIGINAL: dennis

Dennis
    No kidding....you must be god of the almight maple tree to be able to engineer such a feat. [:@]
    Since you have no idea what I am putting the engine in, I would appreciate keeping your smart comments to yourself. I did not ask if anyone knew how to make a wood mount, I asked if anyone had the Moki/Mark mount designed for this engine. I have been building for almost 30 years, I am more than capable of making a mount, however, I am choosing to use the metal mount.

Since my remark was offered as an alternative to the availability of the mount. Which it isn't available. You chose to take offense to a suggestion. So take the advise for what it was, a suggestion and get a check on your ego when you post a reply. we'll all be better for it.
    Dennis