Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Black Friday Deals, just a heads up...

the wife and i were in decent shape financially until governor walker was elected, he is the sole reason my wife went from a 17.00/hr job to 8.00/hr part time 24 hour a week job because of his "budget cuts" as a result, i no longer have the extra cash to fund my rc hobby for the time being, A friend and flying buddy lost his job as a high school physics teacher because of this walker idiot, he found another teaching job, but its overseas in Saudi Arabia. He moved his entire family there to take a job. He will be there for 3 years, he left all his rc stuff for me to hold for him until he gets back. hopefully things will get back to normal after a few years and the economy wil allow future rc purchases. I can't afford the really big projects right now, but i am building a smaller plane, sig wonder because cash is tight right now. when i could buy stuff, its usually arfs, but i do buy and build the occasional kit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Altered1

Atleast this way you don't run the risk of a face full of pepper spray to get a bargain!
    Next year it will be tazering each other. Can't wait!
    We in the Federal Government have no sense of humor that we are aware of.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Who cares if the discussion has gone off-topic! The big companies are finally feeling the pinch just as the regular guy is! Let them lose money too. People in their 50's are now working for $10 an hour. Most people were earing more money 20 years ago than they are now! Yet things are much more expensive now. Salaries didn't keep up. The economy is in the toilet. 20 years ago, $35,000 was decent money, and mid-sized cars were @ $8,000. Now, salaries are less than $30,000 and a mid-sized car is $25,000

Retailers still want to get more money by offering low prices this time of year. Then the people with little money to spare, buy the items and have greater debt with no way to pay it off.

The economy is in a death-spin.
    We in the Federal Government have no sense of humor that we are aware of.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, there are going to be members who actually do care if this strayed off topic. And, the owners of RCU may have an opinion since we aren't supposed to get political in the forums. This is the longest I think any of the moderators have let this sort of thread run untouched.

Just about everything has been said and a couple of comments really needed to be edited even though they remain intact at this moment.

Nobody is trying to be coldhearted, but we need to get back on the Christmas deals on rc stuff. There is always a chance that a higher up moderator, such as a community moderator, may bumble upon this thread and over rule us and start axing off topic posts.

Hope everyone here gets a good boost this holiday season.
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The true meaning of X- MAS ?!?!
    ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

There was shots fired at one location, no one was hit. Was on the news, but I did'nt catch where it was at. America has totally lost the true meaning of X-mas.
    ORIGINAL: rcdude7

Atleast this way you don't run the risk of a face full of pepper spray to get a bargain!

This is the new way of shopping in america........Next year we will be shooting each other.[&o]
    HAWKS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hold on, 2012 is going to be an extremely rough ride for us all.

Edited by blw
    Best Regards: davidbathe.com
    Occasional Aircraft Illustrations.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Please guys, no more political posts. I don't know how to ask nicer than that. It's not that you don't have good points, but this isn't the place for it.
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This thread took on a life of it's own.  I thought maybe two posts for good deals.  Anyway, how long do Black Friday deals last til? Christmas?  I only heard of these in the last couple of years.
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcdude7

This is the new way of shopping in america........Next year we will be shooting each other.[&o]
    Already did this year. Some guy waited in a WalMart parking lot for someone to come out with a big load and shot him and took his stuff.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry about the off-topic.  Back on topic from what I recall the Magnum is essentially the same as the OS.  Some even recommend using Magnum parts when replacing OS components.  And the 91 fits in an 81 footprint.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They do it the old fashioned way. They WORKFORIT....if it means shoveling dirt in the morning and french fries at night, I'll do whatever it takes to honor my wife and family and provide the income it takes to make a living. Simple and factual.

ORIGINAL: Kmot

I don't understand where some people are getting there money. It was in the Business section of the news that retailers are calling this the "best Black Friday in history" as far as sales went.

BTW, the Walmart where the crazy woman used pepper spray is my Walmart I shop at. [X(]
    Intelligence is similar to a dress code. Dont attend a black tie affair wearing cutoffs and a tank top. Know your facts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The US is in a spot not for the people but for the special interest groups and the deplorable government. In Canada we are just a step behind and our headache is just about to start.
    www.shop.immortalhobbies.com

North American Distributor Of The Clark TK20 and TK22 Boards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thought the razor 3d from Tower was a good buy for $110 and the heli max cx nano for $50 also.
    Greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I got laid off tomorrow, I'd be employed somewhere by Monday! It might not be as good as what I have now but my pride wouldn't let me milk any system and be "unemployed for 3 years"! For SURE, there would be no hobbies, no recreation, no cable tv, beer, cigarettes (if one has that nasty habit) no NOTHING short of bare bones basics until I was sure I lived up to my obligation of providing for my family! I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting behind a keyboard unemployed on a hobby site! A job hunting site, YES!
    I'm really lost about how anyone can find satisfaction in anything less than exerting every last ounce of energy, effort, or pride into bettering their position in life and providing food, shelter and comfort for their loved ones.
    To keep this in the thread, I LOVE those 91's. Awesome, affordable (unless I every get laid off), great performing engine! Grab one, you'll love it.
    I was disappointed in my Hangar 9 PTS P-51 with the TH 46 on it so I stuck one of those .91's on the front, moved the battery back, put a 3 blade on it and it sounds, looks, and performs just like a big war bird! No retracts but on our field, retracts are just a facet that will break easily as rough as it is. Apple to apples, it's not a Saito but my P-51 didn't mind that a bit.

Post edited by moderator to remove direct references to another member!
    Intelligence is similar to a dress code. Dont attend a black tie affair wearing cutoffs and a tank top. Know your facts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We get unemployment for about 6 months at up to 50% of your wage if you have worked over 6 months to qualify.  I am sucking my own svings to survive.  I am pretty cheap/thrifty. I kept getting called back off and on for about 3 years which I thought would keep going but thought that was enough, and things were pretty much done there.  I moved  to a cheaper and warmer area where houses are half price and now I am trying to flip houses, rent them out.. Still not sitting on my butt (I guess I am now)  Machining jobs have dropped wages about $10 an hour in the last couple of years, because people get laid off and after a year or two of no work they will take anything, The employers know this and give contract jobs so there is no benefits to pay. My kids are in their 30's and fend for themselves. Back to business. The moderator will not be pleased. I think a .15 to .25 is a good size to fly for economy and fun.  The Hobbypartz sale has the .12 and .25 real cheap.  I don't know how long the sale goes on.  It may take a while to talk the upper management into one.  I found everyone that puts a .91 on a .40 size plane evenually folds up a wing or can't get it to idle slow enough. Seen about 5 do that. It is fun while it lasts though.
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a man my brother, in the same boat and loving it
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skip in sideways, a glass of Malbec in one hand and chocolate in the other. Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming " Woo Woo, what a ride"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone ever wondered why China and other Asian countries are getting more of North America's business? It's so simple it's ridiculous. WAGES! Business goes where it is cheaper to manufacture and produce. The pendulum swings their way until a cheaper alternative arrives. Sorry to admit it, but I doubt the U.S. will get back to where it was fifty years ago. Almost nothing is made here that can compete unless it is of the high-tech type. The far east will copy the hell out of our products and send them back to us at a much cheaper cost.

And no, I haven't seen any earth shaking deals from hobby sources. I did score a Toshiba laptop for my wife, but that is probably made in China also.

Bob
    Bob
    Fleet Brotherhood #1, Club Saito #800

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: aspeed

Back to business. The moderator will not be pleased.
    There are moments when the job sucks. For example, having to do something about the political posts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: retransit

Has anyone ever wondered why China and other Asian countries are getting more of North America's business? It's so simple it's ridiculous. WAGES! Business goes where it is cheaper to manufacture and produce. The pendulum swings their way until a cheaper alternative arrives. Sorry to admit it, but I doubt the U.S. will get back to where it was fifty years ago. Almost nothing is made here that can compete unless it is of the high-tech type. The far east will copy the hell out of our products and send them back to us at a much cheaper cost.

And no, I haven't seen any earth shaking deals from hobby sources. I did score a Toshiba laptop for my wife, but that is probably made in China also.

Bob

Blame Walmart..... they forced many companies to adopt this business model to remain profitable.
    I was was lost...but now I\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'m found<br>Badius Brothers Club...ask about it!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Amain Hobbies had a few deals on their air side of the site. Unfortunately, between racing indoor (stocking up on tires) and the crap weather outside for flying, there's no point in taking advantage of it for ThunderbirdJunkie.
    ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

*There was shots fired at one location, no one was hit. Was on the news, but I did'nt catch where it was at. America has totally lost the true meaning of X-mas.
    That's rich, coming from a guy that can't spell out Christmas.

For the political commentary...that's why ThunderbirdJunkie buys American-made goods when he can, prefers Taiwan or Japan over China when possible, and China is a last resort.

Not sure if you plane guys are familiar with Orion's batteries, but they're manufactured by Kokam in South Korea, rather than China like all the other LiPos, for those of you who are socially conscious enough to care.

Once had a decent paying job that got packed up in a shipping container and took a slow boat to China. Thanks, EPA!
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[/quote]

Blame Walmart..... they forced many companies to adopt this business model to remain profitable.
    [/quote]

Well, not just Walmart... It's a Corporation thing.
    Did you realize that a Corporation is legally obliged to prioritize share holders interest (Gain) over everything else. Imagine that. "Sorry i've got to close down this plant and move it over seas, or, I cant supply this local product as there's a cheaper alternative available on the moon as I'm... legally obliged".
    Shareholder interest stumps everything.
    Great news for the share holders... a legal obligation cleansing what ever morals remained.

Best Regards: davidbathe.com
    Occasional Aircraft Illustrations.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I,m truly sorry my spelling of Christmas upset a few people and it has been edited to the correct spelling. Ihope your holidays are awesome.

Hobbypeople has the Airtronics SD-10G radio and 7 channel receiver for $439.99, regularly $703.98. A freind has one and it is a really nice radio for the money.
    AMA# 875307
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood # 18
    www.TheGrayWizard.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is notification to a couple of members that their comments were deleted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12