Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Black Friday Deals, just a heads up...

It looks like Hobby People has the Magnum XL 91 RFS on sale for $159...

It shows up on page 11 of their on-line flyer.
    Club Saito member #715
    Club Jett member #12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Black Friday Deals, just a heads up...

Hobbypartz has the ASP which is the same difference (Sanye Engines) for $155 but of course it isn't in stock.  I wouldn't order it unless it is.  The 2 stroke is $77.70..  Half the strokes, half the money.  I like the smaller ones better, and they are on sale too. I think the shipping is free for Hobbypartz for the lucky Americans.  They should pay me for this?  Don't know when the sale is over.
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Atleast this way you don't run the risk of a face full of pepper spray to get a bargain!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Altered1

Atleast this way you don't run the risk of a face full of pepper spray to get a bargain!

This is the new way of shopping in america........Next year we will be shooting each other.[&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There was shots fired at one location, no one was hit. Was on the news, but I did'nt catch where it was at. America has totally lost the true meaning of Christmas.
    ORIGINAL: rcdude7

This is the new way of shopping in america........Next year we will be shooting each other.[&o]
    AMA# 875307
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood # 18
    www.TheGrayWizard.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I guess people don't like crowds.  I don't like standing in line.  Likely what got the person mad was the constant piped in xmas music!!!
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm thinking that people are freaked about the future. They can afford that "one" great present or goodie and that's about it.
    So many have lost jobs, hours cut back(me) or demotions. This fact is close to home for me, as half of my coworkers lost their jobs a few weeks ago and my son & his wife where part of that. So now I'm supporting 4 people, two house payments and seven cats and one dog To say I'm making cuts is an understatement. Christmas will consist of a full belly and a roof over our heads.

This economy is much worse than the media and government is letting on and I haven't seen any appropriate corrective measures taken.
    Oooh eee oooh ah ah(the crowd) ting tang walla walla bing bang!(the plane crash)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree, the government is not really stating how bad it is. They rig the statistics to say whatever they want them to say. Who knows how many people have exhausted their unemployment benefits now and have otherwise dropped off the statistics records.
    Unfortunately, with the night time Black Friday store openings, it now allows the thieves and thugs to operate better, so we now have more robberies of people trying to get their purchases home. I read in the news were someone was shot in a robbery after midnight at a Walmart parking lot someplace.

Club Saito #722, Sig Kadet Brotherhood #80, GlowHead Brotherhood #14,
    AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Neither the media nor the government will admit the truth as to how bad the economy really is. I'm afraid it will get MUCH worse before it gets any better. I don't know of anyone who can afford toys or hobbies right now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I haven't been working for 3 years, but try to get swap meet stuff and chinese crap to keep going. I got lots of stuff to keep busy.  But I am not a statistic any more because I am not on the unemployment list any more.  A lot of people stop looking for work and don't show up in the statistics.  The bean counters in the government like that.
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't understand where some people are getting there money. It was in the Business section of the news that retailers are calling this the "best Black Friday in history" as far as sales went.

BTW, the Walmart where the crazy woman used pepper spray is my Walmart I shop at. [X(]
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I work in Manufacturing (I write CNC programs) and I've never been so busy. I work my regular job and moon-light at two other manufacturing firms that can't get the help they need to run their business. They even pay travel time and stay open late until I get there... Both are begging me to come work for them.

I feel for those that are having a tough time out there but I'm sure thankful that I'm as busy as I am.
    Club Saito member #715
    Club Jett member #12

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

Β*There was shots fired at one location, no one was hit. Was on the news, but I did'nt catch where it was at. America has totally lost the true meaning of X-mas.
    ORIGINAL: rcdude7

Right on !!!!

I have come to beleive , , over my years on this planet , , that there is NOTHING the big companys wont exploit for a buck !!!

The worst of it , by far , has got to be the car sales advertisments on TV that tie a bargain on a nissan (or any other car) to Christmas .... Here we are , supposedly celebrating the birth of a man who said to forsake greed , , and how do we celebrate ???? With the biggest "greedfest" of the year !!!!!

!!!!! My Savior is born , , , , I think I'll go buy a flippin volvo !!!! ........... REALLY ??????

I aint all that religous , but the hypocracy of it all just calls to mind one word , , , VAPID ........

Those profiterring from this , in wretched execss , , had BEST hope that "God" and "Jesus" are just myth , , , , cause if not , when they go , , there will be HELL to pay ..........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is off the true topic as I'm just going to add to the off-topic topic. My wages got cut $3 an hour, and the bills keep piling up. We're getting by, but thats it. The LT-40 kit I was going to get for christmas got axed an hour ago in favor of paying the bills. I might get to fly in 2013, maybe... This country is in trouble...

Its too bad I couldnt afford a college education.. Even then the job market still stinks.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

This is off the true topic as I'm just going to add to the off-topic topic. My wages got cut $3 an hour, and the bills keep piling up. We're getting by, but thats it. The LT-40 kit I was going to get for christmas got axed an hour ago in favor of paying the bills. I might get to fly in 2013, maybe... This country is in trouble...

Its too bad I couldnt afford a college education.. Even then the job market still stinks.

Yeah, what about the kids that are graduating from college with super high loans to pay off and no sign of a job anywhere? Well, those that resented America having a large middle class with political clout, finally got their way and destroyed our industrial base. Funny thing is, we're all standing in the same row boat with a leaking bottom. It was real funny back when the Japanese were doing so well and then told us we charged too much on our credit cards. That Christmas was the first one that I actually avoided buying Japanese made products. Japan hasn't been the same since. Now that America's economy has really been tanked, the Chinese will likely open their mouth inappropriately and I'll begin purposefully avoiding their products, as will many others in the West. Will the jobs return to the US again in our lifetimes? They could, if we resurrected the 30% import tariffs on Chinese goods...

Ed, NM2K
    \"Practice makes prefect\"

Saito Club Member #52

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

Please know , , In all seriousness , that there ARE people out here like me , who entirely sympathize with your position . I see it all the time , and as a retiree , im feeling the financial pinch a bit myself . I have no answers , I know a "keep your chin up" post from some stranger really does nothing to mitigate your situation , and im kinda ashamed of our country's financial plight , , for ALL of us .....

I worked for close to 40 years as a machine mechanic . All my machines ran well , or I'd have been out on my butt ..... I expected , and was OWED , , that the people looking after the financial world were doing THEIR jobs as well as I was doing mine ..... What a letdown to discover that theyre all crooks !!!!!

Im almost to the end of my years , , , and I truly feel for those that are inheriting the financial mess that guys like Madoff and companys like Enron have brought upon us ....... I'd run em ALL outta town on a rail if I could !!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't mind buying chinese stuff.  I have always worked for American companies in Canada, military, radar stuff, machining. They were good customers,  I can't buy Canadian model stuff because there is none.  The chinese have kept me working for quite a few years with contracts at work, and paid my son as a teacher for a year when no one else would so I don't mind getting their stuff.  (If it is any good!)  Even if you get an American car say, They sub out the dies and most parts to china anyway so you can't really get away with ignoring them.  The money is saved by the CEO and they don't care where it comes from.  They are starting to come back to North America now just because of deadlines and quality issues.  I bought Briggs and Stratton motor parts from Poland, brake rotors for a Chevy from china...  Toyota Celica and Chevy Trackers are from across town.  I won't be starving to death for a few years.  I'll have a different story then though. 
    Glow Head Hood # 7

ORIGINAL: aspeed

I don't mind buying chinese stuff.Β* I have always worked for American companies in Canada, military, radar stuff, machining.Β*They were good customers, Β*I can't buy Canadian model stuff because there is none.Β* The chinese have kept me working for quite a few years with contracts at work, and paid my son as a teacher for a year when no one else would so I don't mind getting their stuff.Β* (If it is any good!)Β* Even if you get an American car say, They sub out the dies and most parts to china anyway so you can't really get away with ignoring them.Β* The money is saved by the CEO and they don't care where it comes from.Β* They are starting to come back toΒ*North AmericaΒ*now just because of deadlines and quality issues.Β* I bought Briggs and Stratton motor parts from Poland, brake rotors for a Chevy from china...Β* Toyota CelicaΒ*and Chevy Trackers are from across town.Β* I won't be starving to death for a few years.Β* I'll have a different story then though.Β*
    Hi aspeed ,

Please know that I do not blame China for America's financial plight , , , I blame the "big money players" right here in our own country for allowing it to get this way . They sold out our offspring's financial future for today's quick buck , and the Chinese just went along for the ride ....... I dont pretend to be any sort of economic genius , , or even to have the vaguest clue really , , but we're in the mess we are not because of the mechanics of the country , but because of the businessmen who took the easy and quick dollar . I hope they , and their profit margins , ALL rot in the very deserved hell that their Treasonist actions have wrought . The Chinese have taken NOTHING that our own businessmen havnt SOLD them ..........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any good sales going on?
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not really, unless you want clothes or a new Kindle type electronics. About the only thing I,ve found is Lipo,s seem to be much cheaper than last year.
    ORIGINAL: blw

Any good sales going on?
    AMA# 875307
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood # 18
    www.TheGrayWizard.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry, I gotta insert a rant here.....Geez, So how many of the people blaming others for their hard times asked the bank how much the exectutives salaries were when they were negotiating that mortgage THEY signed??Or have written their kids college about the prices for one of the most profitable liberal driven industries in America?

You all obviously can still afford internet? Times are hard....REAL HARD! ..For everyone!!!! (I'm a poor-***** blue collar worker too[8D])...But if you havent gotten past blaming others for the financial situation you put yourself in you arent getting any closer to getting back on track. (assuming there would always be a paycheck to support whatever loans you took out). I'm there too..I'll admit I've got way too much hobby "toys" and should have saved more of the $$$$ Maybe you(me) should have run around getting coffee for people for a few years and become a "greedy banker", Or worked more and bought less beer in college(or after work)? Why don't you go see what a cushy life the average Chinese person has? The biggest problem we have as a country is not allowing the strong to survive and the weak to fade away...and trying to teach everyone in the middle that it shouldn't matter either way?. In the words of RUSH..."The trees are all made equal by hatchet,axe,and saw!" You all act like if someone offered you $100/Hr tomorrow your morals would keep you from taking it because it was "quick and easy money" face it..youre just mad because it wasn't you who found success!!

Concerning Black Friday there are deals to be had and I snagged 2 AP wasp .061's for $30 each from Hobby People! A internet or cell phone bill would buy a few of these a month. Rant over...I wish ALL of you the best of luck, put your future in YOUR hands and stop blaming others. I'd love to hear about more Black Friday deals!! I could skip a few meals out or slow down a few MPH on the freeway or take on a side job like some of my honorable friends for a cool hobby item to hit my x-mas list! Signed: A poor uneducated no silver spoon poor health blue collar TRUE AMERICAN!!!
    \"A guy told me the other day I must be very smart,......I told him \"No!, I\'\'m REALLY dumb, But learning from my mistakes!!\"\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the AP .15 and .09 with fiddling.  I would like to try an AP .061 sometime. I hear fairly good things about them sometimes. They are kind of the new age Cox.  I have to go bigger now that I live in a windier area.  :-(
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Max_Power

You all obviously can still afford internet?
    Afford internet? No way. I am using dial up!! The state has a free program for download that gives you access for FREE! If I need to download big files I go to a "hot spot" and use free wireless to download them. I use a laptop I rebuilt for less than $50.00.

No utube or video downloads here. It can take up to six minutes for a page to load at times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't complain about the economy. It's EXACTLY the way it's supposed to be. The have's get more and more each day while the have-nots have less and less each day. Oh, and the used-to-have (middle class) are sliding on down to join the have-nots due to a gutting of the middle class right here in the good old USA. The ruling class throws us a bone every now and then to keep us placated and voting them back into office. As long as they can assure us cheap smart phones and $200 big-screen TVs, most voters will not rock the boat.
    Mike
    Waco Brotherhood #215/Ultra Sport Brotherhood #126

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi
    the thread has gone very much off topic
    but i am very much impressed by the truth and intelligence that has been expressed here regarding conditions in America today
    flying RC is just a hobbyand i have slowed down my usual flying habits a great deal-in an attempt to keep my financial priorities in order
    we love to fly cut back a REAL lot this year it is not a necessity of life
    many people are suffering a great deal more than myselfin these very hard times
    i am retired now( worked my hole life for thisand lived to do it ) and so glad we are getting a 3.6 increase in social security this January-
    the gov gave us nothing the last few yearstelling us an increase was not justified YEA RIGHT ( first two YEARS ever no increase )seeing as they are just giving me back the money i paid into the system
    i bought a car when the clunker deal was on ( old car dieing ) knowing i would get an increase the following JANUARY-SURPRISE no increaseproblem making end meet instead
    i would be making ends meet and helping the economy move forward if the GOV did what they should have
    instead bail out the banksthat are showing the greatest profits everand not extending any loans
    living on a fixed incomewith the dollar being worth LESS each day is the issue !!
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ??
    just my .02 cents
    BEST REGARDS TONY
    \" The power and performance glo fuel , 15 % Morgan Omega \"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast