Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

OS 75 Break In Prop Size And General Issues

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 75 Break In Prop Size And General Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Maxdog.vf213
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 75 Break In Prop Size And General Issues

Oliver

Ifigured as far as the engine power goes she is pretty top notch as it is the high end of what the plane calls for to do 3D, something Im not really interested in. Iam more into performance aerobatics, Knife edges, Snap rolls and so on, I am new to this so still not 100% clear on allll of the stunts and their names but Iwant to start flyingon a competeing level by spring so Ifigured this is a great training plane for that.

My biggest concern is the landing part. Ikeep hearing all the warnings about wing stalls and it worries Me..lol. Will be hard to get used to as My main plane is a 70" Stylus and that plane can land slower then Ican walk and She is still in the air so I know Ihave a HUGElearning curve ahead of Me with no one close to Me that can train Me outside of words andThats the VERYHard part for Me as Iam more of a "See it done and Iget it" kinda person. lol. Need to find a Pro Pilot on here that lives by Me..lol.

Ido love this site though, this is My first post and Ihave had more excelent tips from all the great people on here and it is all GREATLYappreciated.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iwould think such a dog is aptly named.

Lucky to be alive.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:12 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kaos Rulz

I'd never insult a man's dog unlesssssss it was a three legged, one eye, one ear, broken tail, one nut, and fully shaved dog named ''Lucky''
Are you making fun of MY dog now?

ORIGINAL: Maxdog.vf213

Oh very nice.. Love trade shows, will forsure be there, need some help let Me know.
Careful, we WILL put you to work! Are you good at taking pictures? Taking notes? Can you write? Hell, we could even pick you up along the way (You gotta get your own hotel room though!)
Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Maxdog.vf213

Actually, the name Boomer came from when My Wife and I first got Him, Everything He did somehow ended with a big BOOM! He is a Pure Breed White Lab so was and still is VERYplayful and loves to run and jump around, so Boomer was a great choice in Names.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So THAT'S why my wife calls me Boomer.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Maxdog.vf213

ROFL, Good one, and very well could be..
Old 12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Maxdog.vf213

I actually had a friend record a flight I did a few weeks ago, it was shortly after I took My test and recieved My Solo wings. Wasnt My best flight by far but only had one shot at having it recorded as he had to get going right after so was trying to make it count..lol.

Is Me Flying My 70" Stylus, She is my favorite plane to fly so far. Hoping My Extra will take its place and She will become My everyday Flyer.

Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59u-KjiGTak
Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

The Extra has a higher stall speed than the Stylus. It does not have really bad habits.
Make sure your cg is in the right spot and with enough altitude slow her down and figure what the minumum speed is.
Keep the speed above that point and the landings will be easy. In the first couple flights I came in too fast and used up most of the runway.
Then I slowed her down more and more and she handles great even in slow flight.
This plane is not hard to land, just a little faster then what you are used to.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Maxdog.vf213

Oliver

Thats great news. My whole goal when looking for an Aerobatic plane was finding one that is versitile and extremely agile but at the same time She wouldnt be a huge shock for Me in learning to fly her, didnt want to feel like Iwas going from a trainer to a jet type of thing, wanted it to be a smooth transition and from what Iread aobut the Extra, that was Her to the letter. As Ihave stated before Iam not in any way a overly exp pilot but Iam very eager to learn and to start flying in competitions by spring time, so Ifigured with alot of winter practice and a great plane Iwill be there in no time. Ialso chose the extra cause a buddy of Mine is giving Me his Extra this is just like Mine but 3 times bigger so I thought this would all line up just perfect for Me in the end.

I will for sure take what you said and try to find the stall speed but at high altitude so I am sure not to destry My Baby..lol..

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:07 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

It is a good transition from your stylus. Mine is a great flier and it is heavy with the gas engine, ignition, second battery. It does aerobatics and it's fast.
Mine is too heavy for 3D, but I do not care too much for that. Yours should be able to do all the tricks and you'll be able to slow it down some more.
She's a beauty and fun to fly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37679.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1696797  
Old 12-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Maxdog.vf213

Well truthfully I am not into all the 3D either, Prop Stands and so on do nothing for Me, Iprefer some movement aerobatics that require speed and so on.. As cool as it may look sometimes Im just not into 3D stuff..

I am just dying to fly her though, think I am going insane sitting here staring at her on My table having not even had a flight on her.. I could go insane. lol.