Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

replacement carb old OS91 Surpass

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:37 PM
jwayne
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement carb old OS91 Surpass

I am hoping that someone out there has an old OS91 FS Surpass engine that would be willing to sell me the carb assembly. The threads on my high speed needle assembly on the carb side are stripped. I have tried several places to find parts but these parts are all discontinued with O.S. and I have been unable, so far, to find anyone that has such parts.The needle assembly itself is okay as the problem is on the carb side....Thanks Wayne
Old 12-23-2011, 04:15 PM
delman

Default RE: replacement carb old OS91 Surpass

My threads were about 1/2 gone after a crash. Cleaned thread area with alcohol 5-6 times (carb and needle housing threads) then put JB Weld on the needle assy housing threads and screwed it in just snug and let it cure. My OS91FS has worked fine since the repair.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:03 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a rare engine that the needle valve body was broken off on the outside.

I sold the engine cheap to a friend with a complete explanation as to the problem.

He blocked off the needle valve entrance part of the body and used a K&B remote needle valve assembly.

I did this on a OS 60 FP the other day.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:16 PM
w8ye

According to the Tower web site all these engines and carbs have the same needle valve body asssembly

2D, 4D, 4E, 6B, 7D, 7L, 86, FS-70S, FS-91S, FS-120S-E, FS-120S-SP, 70A 40A, 60C, 9B, 60U, 60R, 60N, 60P and 70C.

The needle valve and body are still available for these.What carb was on the OS 91 Surpass I ?

I used to have one but sold it a few years ago.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:00 AM
jwayne

Thanks for the responses. I regret that I did not better explain my problem. The stripped threads are on the carb body and not the needle assy. I tried JB weld on the outside of the assembly and it held up for about 6 flights before it started leaking again. I cannot put the JB weld on the inside due to it would block the fuel inlet nipple and possibly the hole in the carb body for the needle. Presently, I am trying to buy another old engine from EBAY and use it's carb. Also, my son found that one can buy just the carb body from a store in Sweden and another in New Zealand. You say why not just buy a new engine? Well, I enjoy resurrecting such broken items and seeing the plane fly again if at all possible. The idea to use a remote carb is an interesting one which I will consider more. I am not sure how I could do it but it is a possibility. I am considering buying the carb body from overseas but I am wondering it the body comes with the cylinder installed within that the needle fits into. If so, that would be a good possibility but I am unable to remove the cylinder within my carb body so I hope it comes already installed. Maybe family witll help me out with a christmas present of a new engine....dreaming....thanks again Wayne
Old 12-24-2011, 06:11 AM
w8ye

The carb from a Magnum 91 four stroke is a direct replacement on the OS 91 Surpass I.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-70-91-fs.html
Old 12-24-2011, 12:23 PM
RandyB
My Feedback: (23)

Wayne
I e-mailed you on Dec. 20th.,Telling you I probably have the part you need.
No response so far,do you still need it?

Randy
Old 12-24-2011, 12:25 PM
jwayne

Wow! That's fantastic......and at a good price....you have been a great help...thanks Wayne AB4AR
Old 12-24-2011, 01:16 PM
jwayne

Yes ! Randy I still need it.....give me the details ....I did not get the email....I do not check my emails often enough because I don't receive very many.....Thanks Wayne

Old 12-24-2011, 01:28 PM
RandyB
My Feedback: (23)

Wayne
Is their any way you can send me a picture of the part you need.

Randy
Old 11-14-2020, 06:27 AM
Frizzyboy79

Default MK1 os91 backplate

Can someone help direct me to a place where I can get a back plate for my MK1 surpass os91fs??.
Had a wee "prang" into a tree last month and cannot find one anywhere. First time on a blog site and hope someone can help as everyone seems like the want to help each other in the community.
Thanks , john

Last edited by Frizzyboy79; 11-14-2020 at 06:29 AM.