My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Club JETT

I'm 57, so she is young to me!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any photos , nude ones would be better . Of coarse Im talking about the engines . Cheers the pope
Old 11-21-2012, 02:34 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

hey pope, this is NOT nude, NOT an engine but I believe it's JETT related... and it's noseart
enjoy
v.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82250.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	1822378  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 PM
the pope

ORIGINAL: vasek

hey pope, this is NOT nude, NOT an engine but I believe it's JETT related... and it's noseart
enjoy
v.
Hubba Hubba thanks for that vasek . Theres nothing like twin err ummm engines , jugs rrrrrrrrr whatever .There must be a god after all . Oh my the pope needs to go to confession.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:32 PM
vasek

ORIGINAL: the pope

Oh my the pope needs to go to confession.
+1
I'm glad I could be of any assistance. Those twins could maybe inspire Dub to make a twin Jett engine, I would love to get my hands on one of those...

P.S. since not much is happening on this wonderful thread, it's not like we're highjacking it. RESPECT
Old 11-22-2012, 11:18 PM
the pope

Oh my the pope needs to go to confession.
+1
I'm glad I could be of any assistance. Those twins could maybe inspire Dub to make a twin Jett engine, I would love to get my hands on one of those...

P.S. since not much is happening on this wonderful thread, it's not like we're highjacking it. RESPECT
"
Howdy Vasek, we would only be hijacking if we were'nt talking engines ! I showed that pic to " the popes wife " "the nun" and asked could i have a pair of engines like them . My jaw still hurts but my eyeballs are still OK which is the main thing . Cheers
Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM
iAlex

Now to get this thread back on track, here is a picture of my second Jett. I recently purchased this one "used". I don't think it's ever been run. It's a .46 that was one of the first Sport Jett's offered.

Name:	Bz77650.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1834386  
Old 12-29-2012, 05:18 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
I see that you have made your photo shop lesson!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 AM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I`m up to three Jett mufflers now as I just got the one for .30 sized engines too It will be very interesting to see what it will do to my ASP .36 XLS engines in terms of more power[8D]
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM
mtntopgeo
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: asmund

I`m up to three Jett mufflers now as I just got the one for .30 sized engines too It will be very interesting to see what it will do to my ASP .36 XLS engines in terms of more power[8D]

Not an XLS, just a .36 ASP II. (I don't have any idea what the difference is.) 17,160 with an APC 8x8, & 17,640 with a 8x7. Really turns a counterfit Rascal (AEROMAX) into a pylon racer wannabe. Lots of fun for just a $47.00 engine, & a $65 el-cheapo ARF. ( plus the muffler) ........... George K.

Name:	Yv66064.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1837028  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I saved some Christmas and side job money. I decided to take the plunge...

BSE .35 R/C AAC with red Jettstream muffler. Too tight to turn over cold, I assume I'll have to take a heat gun after it before I fire it up for the first time?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 PM
the pope

I used some of my christmas $ and bought a asp 32 from hobby king ! Can I have your life ? Cheers the pope P.S. I also got a irvine 39 and quite a bit of other stuff so I cant complain ( oh yes I can , Im still waiting for meccoa to get back to me after I ordered a 4 stroke on xmas day . I guess they dont want my $ as they said they were going to get back to me twice . If only every rc company had customer service like H.K. )
Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 AM
vasek

I used some of my christmas $ and bought a asp 32 from hobby king ! Can I have your life ? Cheers the pope
Hey pope, don't worry about it, you seem like a happy go lucky type ... some have golden watches and are miserable

ENJOY! V.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:41 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

I used some of my christmas $ and bought a asp 32 from hobby king ! Can I have your life ? Cheers the pope P.S. I also got a irvine 39 and quite a bit of other stuff so I cant complain ( oh yes I can , Im still waiting for meccoa to get back to me after I ordered a 4 stroke on xmas day . I guess they dont want my $ as they said they were going to get back to me twice . If only every rc company had customer service like H.K. )
I'm a regular blue collar guy like many others here. I do work on the side for cash since the boss allows it and every 3rd blue moon I treat myself. This is this decades Christmas gift to myself. My son is due March 23rd, 5 days before my 33rd birthday. I get a kick butt birthday present and got a kick butt Christmas gift. What can I say?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:42 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get a kick butt birthday present and got a kick butt Christmas gift. What can I say?
That's Kick Butt!

BSE engines are pretty cool. Being a machinist I see lots of nice machine work and these engines are really jewels. You are going to love it.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:36 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: vicman

I get a kick butt birthday present and got a kick butt Christmas gift. What can I say?
That's Kick Butt!

BSE engines are pretty cool. Being a machinist I see lots of nice machine work and these engines are really jewels. You are going to love it.
I know it's hard to get away from the Asian-imported goods, but aside from just being beautiful craftsmanship, it's made in the USA. I relish the idea of keeping American workers working.

I need to find a heat gun that I can drag with me to my deserted dead end road engine break-in spot. My starter isn't going to turn this beast over otherwise. (Don't think it will backflip start just yet... )
Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 PM
vasek

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my previous comment ; it was just meant to cheer up pope !

I want everybody to be happy

V.

Name:	Ki20610.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1839599  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
the pope

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my previous comment ; it was just meant to cheer up pope !

I want everybody to be happy

V.
Howdy there vasek , I am deeply offended ! How dare you call the pope happy - go - lucky . I can be miserable like anyone else . The pope is watching his back at the moment as there is going to be a royal commision into naughtyness by the various religions against children in their care . Not trying to make a joke out of this abhorrent behavior , the sooner those responsible are bought to justice the better . Getting back to the subject at hand with the tight pinch , I thought all jetts were run at the factory ( before being sold and i wonder how they go about this ? Whether they just jam a powererfull starter to the prop nut and let her rip or what . I couldn't imagine they would ***** foot around it like some of us would . I usually heat up the engine before the 1st start with abc type engines . Cheers the pope ( cant wait to see hitecs new TX )
Old 01-12-2013, 02:32 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

They do test run every engine before it gets sent out. It gets run for about 5 minutes in total, at the end of the run it gets peaked to verify it turns at lease xx,xxx rpm. In my case, the .35 has to turn a 9x6 APC at 18k or faster. If it does; it gets sent out.

They sent like 7 sheets worth of instructions with the engine, but in all of that there was no mention of how to get it started the first time. Just get it running and get it hot.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:07 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r
I need to find a heat gun that I can drag with me to my deserted dead end road engine break-in spot. My starter isn't going to turn this beast over otherwise. (Don't think it will backflip start just yet... )
Take a thermos of hot water, tip the aircraft appropriately so it doesn't run into the fuselage and intake, and trickle a thin stream of hot water over the head and upper cylinder fins - works quickly and efficiently. Last engine I did this with was an OPS .65, after the hot water treatment a regular Sulllivan starter on 12v gel cell had no trouble. Without it, forget it. After you get some time on the engine you shouldn't need it.

Also, one of the best things I did in the last year or so was to switch to a separate 3S 4000mAh LiPo pack for my starter. I cut off the banana plugs and soldered on a Deans Ultra plug. Bingo. More portable and way more oomph.

EDIT: Duh, I meant a 4s pack, not 3s.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:24 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: MJD

Take a thermos of hot water, tip the aircraft appropriately so it doesn't run into the fuselage and intake, and trickle a thin stream of hot water over the head and upper cylinder fins - works quickly and efficiently. Last engine I did this with was an OPS .65, after the hot water treatment a regular Sulllivan starter on 12v gel cell had no trouble. Without it, forget it. After you get some time on the engine you shouldn't need it.

Also, one of the best things I did in the last year or so was to switch to a separate 3S 4000mAh LiPo pack for my starter. I cut off the banana plugs and soldered on a Deans Ultra plug. Bingo. More portable and way more oomph.
I will be breaking the engine in on my test stand for the first couple tanks of fuel, and my test stand is made of wood. Wood and water dont mix usually. I think I will bring a good hair dryer or heat gun and my small generator instead.

I dare not run this engine at home, my neighbors might have a coronary. I have a spot I can run engines wide open for an hour and nobody will hear it, it's just out in the middle of nowhere. I will keep the water trick in mind though.

Once I get my feet wetter piloting planes, I'll find a kit to build for this engine. For the interim, I have different use for the engine.

As far as LiPo goes, I won't delve into that realm because I don't want to have to get another special charger. I have a pigtail adapter to hook two NiMH stick packs together to get 14.4V for the starter. I had to use this when I need to use the starter on my ST S90; too much compression for my poor starter. You wouldn't think 2.4v to make much difference, but it was just enough.

Side note: does anyone know if a guy could obtain new brushes for a Hobbico Torqmaster 90 starter? I had mine apart recently to oil the bushings and noticed the brushes are getting down there.... I can chicken stick it too I suppose.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 PM
the pope

Hi you can get very cheap lipo chargers from my favourite hobby store , hobby king for around $20 and they will do the job OK. Cheers the pope
Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Hi you can get very cheap lipo chargers from my favourite hobby store , hobby king for around $20 and they will do the job OK. Cheers the pope
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Wood and water dont mix usually. I think I will bring a good hair dryer or heat gun and my small generator instead.
Sure, that'll work. Bare wood and fuel don't go together too well either. My test stand base is all wood but it is sealed with a coat of epoxy.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 PM
the pope

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cessories.html I know a few people with this charger and its Ok. It pays to get the best one you can afford , I have the icharger 106 b as well as 2 thunder power ones . One a 12 volt and one 240 volt . Very handy and once you have one youll wonder how you got buy without one . Go for the acdc version if your budget allows , that way no need for a power supply or 12 volt battery . Cheers the pope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.