Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glow igniter for Enya four strokes?

I picked up a twin the other day that came equipped with a pair of Enya .46 four cycles. I really don't want to rig up a dual on board glow setup, but I'm not sure what other options there are. Does anyone make a glow igniter that's short enough to start the engine without interfering with the prop? Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Glow igniter for Enya four strokes?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G'day

The more recent Enya four strokes have a remote glow fitting like the one in the previous post but mounted on the engine. You could probably get them but the one in the previous post will work just as well.

Also, I just use simple alligator clips for hard to get at glow plugs. They work particularly well with Enya glow plugs. The great Enya #3 plug works well in Enya four strokes or you can use the new Enya four stroke plug too. The advantage of the Enya plugs is simply that the top part to which you connect it larger than most other plugs and easier to connect alligator clips to.

Have fun with your Enyas, they are really great engines. I am steadily building up a collection. At the present time I have an old 46 like yours, a 53 four stroke (powerful for its size), a 41 four stroke diesel (fun to play with) and several two strokes.

Cheers

Mike in Oz
    \"I just had no control. Must be the radio.\" Club Saito #597 Kadet Brotherhood #66

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aligator clip (mini) thats what I did. Worked well.
    Then I found a tiny spring out of a childs toy. Lifted one end and soldered on a cable... It was a perfect fit on a normal F type plug. When you needed to remove it, just rotate it slightly agains the springs natural coil and it came free. Lasted for year and years... still functions today.

For an Enya Nr 3 I use a split spring pin... the type of pin that normally holds the body work onto RC buggies... it's shaped like an "R".
    Again... took one and soldered on a cable and it's lasted 12 plus years!
    But be advised... it could take a good 60 seconds to make if your soldering iron needs time to warm up.

Best Regards: davidbathe.com
    Occasional Aircraft Illustrations.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the idea of just using a small alligator clip or body clip such as for an RC car (with a separate alligator clip to ground to the head I suppose). That would be easy enough to make with some wire leads, the only thing left is making an adapter for the other end to connect my glow starter to. If my LHS has the remote adapters I can just use that.

Ah, this would be even better: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSGN7&P=0

And that actually reminds me I have 2 chargers for my glow igniters, so I could sacrifice one of them if I really need to. Thanks for the tips guys.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Picked up one of these guys from the LHS:

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN3025

And some small alligator clips from Radio Shack. I'll snip the 2mm headset style plug off and add a length of wire and the clips. Should work great, I'll post a pic when done if anyone's interested.