Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Magnum 61 four stroke rides again.

G'day

I have been wrestling with a Magnum 61 four stroke for about a year now. Its inlet valve was leaking. It would run but it was not really happy and it could be clearly heard leaking when it was turned over.

Initially I tried the old "lap the valves with tooth paste" trick. Twice. No go. So I pulled it out of its model (Great Planes Slow Poke 40) and put a new OS 62V engine in.

Recently I was buying a few things from Hobby King and there were new heads for $23 so I ordered one. It turned up yesterday and I fitted it in a few minutes.

After adjusting the valve clearances (quite different to the original head), I put it in the test stand, fitted an old MA 13 x 6 prop and fired it up. It ran really well.

So this one won't be going as a boat anchor after all. As a really low cost engine I was wary of spending more money on it but it seems my $23 was well spent. It is now in a Senior Telemaster ready to go.

Cheers

Mike in Oz

\"I just had no control. Must be the radio.\" Club Saito #597 Kadet Brotherhood #66

RE: Magnum 61 four stroke rides again.

I did the same thing with my old and worn ASP 91 fs, it`s like new again now. Those spare parts from hobbyking are really cheap[8D]