Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Where Can I get A Prop Extension 4 Saito?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Where Can I get A Prop Extension 4 Saito?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where Can I get A Prop Extension 4 Saito?

I'm trying to stuff a Saito 200Ti into an 83" Brian Taylor Spitfire cowl W/O any of the engine protruding.

I can accomplish this if I set the engine back about 1".

Does anyone make prop extensions for that type (threaded) of prop shaft?

I've "googled" it but I haven't been able to come up W/anything that I would trust on a 4-stroke engine.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Carosel43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where Can I get A Prop Extension 4 Saito?

I used a unitracts extn on a saito 180 and laser 200v (although the 200v was only in a test stand) and they worked well. I had no isses with the props comming off as most model 4 strokes these days dont kick like they used to. Laser engines dont use a locking nut of any kind and never throw props. as the 200ti is a twin i would say its even less likely to throw a prop than a big single
Old 07-19-2015, 09:40 AM
AeroFinn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carosel43
I used a unitracts extn on a saito 180 and laser 200v (although the 200v was only in a test stand) and they worked well. I had no isses with the props comming off as most model 4 strokes these days dont kick like they used to. Laser engines dont use a locking nut of any kind and never throw props. as the 200ti is a twin i would say its even less likely to throw a prop than a big single
Hi Jon

How long was the extension? I may need one that is about 15mm for a Laser 150. I just want to be assured this extension thing won' t cause any issues with respect to wobling or shortened bearing life.

I checked Unitracts web site but I was unable to find any pictures.