Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

mactep tk10 russian engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mactep tk10 russian engine

I have an engine that i'm trying to get more information on, its called mactep TK10 its a .61 front carb,rear exhaust, the carb looks similar to a webra dynamix except it says mactep on the front of it, its new, never ran and came with tuned pipe. i do have a few head shims and a paper in russian that came with. does anyone even have one? very little is known about this engine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20598.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1805147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47234.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1805148  
Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: mactep tk10 russian engine

That is a pretty wicked looking engine there.  I have two examples of a similar engine like that but they have a OS relica carb on them though.
We did start a thread here a while back about the big Russian 10cc engines. It started out about the front intake side exhaust engine but there is some posts about the front intake rear exhaust engines like I have in there too.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

I have a couple of these engines:

Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM
avidflyguy

i've seen the mac engines before, used to have their 3.5 marine and a mac 60 side exhaust, just was never sure if they were manufactured by same company, i have yet to come across another mactep engine like mine, i'm just baffled that there is no information anywhere on the web about this engine or its manufacturer, i do know there is a russian speed metal band called mactep and thats about as far as it goes.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Made by MDS in Russia. Rough looking exterior but generally good. Crankshafts can let go if pushed hard on fuel with too much nitromethane. Use no more than 5% Nitro fuel and a medium (not hot) plug and all should well. There was a thread about them a few years ago when a shop had a special on a very similar MDS engine. Yours seems to wear a different branding.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread that I started, also:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_70...tm.htm#7044163
Old 09-26-2012, 01:22 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the engine is like mine, they were setup for no nitro glow fuel, so one can't really run more than 5% nitro in the glow fuel in them unless they lower the compression some more with shims.

I sorta like that Dynamix clone carb. It sort of has me curious as to how well the carb works on it or not.  It more or less makes that engine a more serious pattern plane contender from the old .60 pattern plane days.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:25 PM
avidflyguy

will have take some more close up shots of engine,carb and markings, like i said in my earlier posts,i've seen a lot of mac engines and their markings, i also own several mds engines and am very familiar with them, been in this hobby for 25+ years and this mactep engine and carb combination is the only one i've come across in all my years. pics will be taken and added tomorrow