swify

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Saito 90TS

I boughta NIB 90TSlast summer on line, never had a Saito before. It has two red wires included in the box with spade type clips on the end, to fit over the glow plugs I assumeand one black wire with a ring type connector on it, not sure what it"s for. Are these typically included with a saito engine? I am thinking of using a glo driver setup for it. What is a good type to use?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 05:49 AM
w8ye

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Saito 90TS

The glow plug wires are typically supplied with the multiple cylinder engines.

I have all the current smaller multiple cylinder Saito engines and I do not use a on-board glow driver with them.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 AM
SrTelemaster150

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: swify

I bought a NIB 90TS last summer on line, never had a Saito before. It has two red wires included in the box with spade type clips on the end, to fit over the glow plugs I assume and one black wire with a ring type connector on it, not sure what it''s for. Are these typically included with a saito engine? I am thinking of using a glo driver setup for it. What is a good type to use?

Thanks

You can wire the plugs in series if you have an ajustable glow driver in your flight box power panel. Just hook 1 glow plug to + & the other glow plug to - & adjust the amperage to 3 amps. (green on the scale)

You can also use 2 seperate clip-on glow drivers if you do not have a power panel.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
farmerric

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have one of these engines running on a glo driver, it will only run on one cylinder, checked valves, glo plug, all ok. I can't put it back into a plane in the current state. I never had any issues with my os 160 twin. so I am a little confused
Old 08-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Hobbsy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Low Speed needle too rich.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:15 PM
mike109

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

G'day

I have a 90TS and it runs like the proverbial Swiss Watch. I use fuel with 10% nitro in it. I do not use on board glow as it is in a Cub and it is quite accessible so I just use two pocket glow drivers. I did have to adjust the low speed needle quite a bit during the running in process.

Saito engines generally come out of the box with the low speed needle set quite rich. OS engines come out nearer to the final setting. Because of this, many OS owners never adjust their low speed needles and put up with an engine that runs OK but which could run better. I had this argument with a friend at the field last week. He never touches the LSN on his OS engines and proudly told me so. He also told me that it was normal for his engines to "load up" and need to be "cleared out". If I could just get him to adjust the LSN I am sure these little problems would be behind him.

Cheers

Mike in Oz
Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM
SrTelemaster150

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mike109

G'day

I have a 90TS and it runs like the proverbial Swiss Watch. I use fuel with 10% nitro in it. I do not use on board glow as it is in a Cub and it is quite accessible so I just use two pocket glow drivers. I did have to adjust the low speed needle quite a bit during the running in process.

Saito engines generally come out of the box with the low speed needle set quite rich. OS engines come out nearer to the final setting. Because of this, many OS owners never adjust their low speed needles and put up with an engine that runs OK but which could run better. I had this argument with a friend at the field last week. He never touches the LSN on his OS engines and proudly told me so. He also told me that it was normal for his engines to ''load up'' and need to be ''cleared out''. If I could just get him to adjust the LSN I am sure these little problems would be behind him.

Cheers

Mike in Oz

You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Search this Thread