Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

webra 32 carb help

Hi there please help. I am(was) running an older webra 32 with the funky slider carb on it. It ran perfectly until yesterday, when the slider part fell out in flight. wich I might add was alot of fun, I got to fly it around at full throttle till it ran out of fuel, then had a thankfully uneventful dead-stick landing.

Anyway, my question is: Is there anywhere to get parts for these, or will some other carb work on this motor? I can post pics tonight when I get home if that will help.

I am lead to beleive that a perry #2200 will work on this motor according to the chart on perry's website. But I am also lead to beleive that these carbs aren't very good. Opinions?

Thanks, jeff
    Hobby King HK-450GT w/ tarot zyx fbl, MCP X, 2 Slow Sticks, china clipper, Hk Vampire, HL F-86, .32 Float plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: webra 32 carb help

Perry carbs work OK, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe not as good as a well adjusted Webra carb though.
    But parts is going to be a problem since Webra went out of business. Most all of the parts were at the factory and everyone ordered from them direct. You just might have to watch Ebay and other sources for another carb you might be able to get, but it might come with a engine too.

Club Saito #722, Sig Kadet Brotherhood #80, GlowHead Brotherhood #14,
    AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Perry carbs work fine.

A tip for the Webra Dynamix is to angle the carb body so the sliding bar can't come out unless you loosen the carb. I have done that for 20 + years and never lost one. I know it doesn't help you this time, but might in the future. The Webra Dynamix is my favorite carb!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: turbo.gst

The Perry carbs work fine.

A tip for the Webra Dynamix is to angle the carb body so the sliding bar can't come out unless you loosen the carb. I have done that for 20 + years and never lost one. I know it doesn't help you this time, but might in the future. The Webra Dynamix is my favorite carb!

Thanks, wish I had known that.... Do you know of any source for parts for these? I think mine might have had a problem to begin with, because I have to say it was not my favorite carb. Maybe because nobody in my club knew how to adjust it, and I am pretty new to nitro, so I never got the low end dialed in perfectly. I may be down to the perry carb no though, because I want to get this plane back in the air. Then I can search for a replacement dynamix.

jeff
    Hobby King HK-450GT w/ tarot zyx fbl, MCP X, 2 Slow Sticks, china clipper, Hk Vampire, HL F-86, .32 Float plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jeff,

I don't know of a current parts source. The low speed adjustment on the Dynamix is exactly the opposite of a TN ( two needle type). It is out to lean / in to richen on the Dynamix. I have used Dynamix carbs for 20+ years on every size Webra engine I have and even on some other makes of engines and thought they performed fantastic every time! Some people say they need a pump to operate well, but I have never needed to use a pump. I bet the best parts source is a used engine that has the carb.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Dynamix carb was probably one of the best carbs ever designed. Totally misunderstood by the bulk of the R/C community. But for those who read the instructions and followed them you got rewarded with absolutely linier travel and a high degree of reliability. I have 3Webra 32's, 2 new and 1 or 2 spare carbs. Maes no mistake about the carbs, pricewise they wern't cheap and I didn't remember seeing them advertised for several years before Webra shut their doors. A shame as Webra made some of the best engines ever produced for the modelling public.

Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The last source of Webra parts I found is Paul at Pauls Models. He found me parts for my Webra 80 ducted fan engine. Give him a call, if anyone can help you it will be Paul.

Best of luck.

Scott.
    Revver Brother #260

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott, thanks for the tip on Paul's Models, I spoke to him today, and he ahs the parts I need on the way.

Turbo.gst. how do you angle that carb? I am hoping I can do this, and not have my slider depart next time.

Thanks, jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Loosen the bolt that holds the carb to allow it to turn freely by hand. Rotate the high speed needle side toward the prop. Make sure you have the carb at your idle positon. Adjust so that the the slide assy will make contact with the cylinder and physically can't come out. Just mind the needle while setting and you'll be fine( as it is closer to the prop now). I would be happy to take a photo, but we are just starting a demo project at work and it might be awhile before I see my shop in the lite of day......