Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: OS FS40

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS FS40

Is the OS FS40S really discontinued because that is hard to believe they been making a FS40 since around 1981 and now cant get them. Dont make sense
    The fs40 is like their trade mark engine in my opinion.

Well sorry for the rant

Whoopee
    Proud member luvtruck.com, isuzupup.com, ncrccrawlers.com, and rccrawler.com. Proud owner of a 1981 Chevy Luv 4x4 whoopee

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS FS40

Try a Saito FA40, mine is awesome.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G'day

I agree about the Saito 40a. I have two of them and they are great little engines. Light, powerful and reliable.

I have had some OS four strokes as well including the FS 40 Surpass but it was one engine which did not inspire me so I sold it. My 48 was much better and I still have a 52. More recently I bought an OS 62V which is a very impressive engine. But then again, I have three Saito 62 engines and like them even more.

My oldest OS is a 40FS. One of the really early ones. It is a very pleasant engine to use but makes very little power. It is best in large light floaty planes.

Cheers

Mike in Oz
    \"I just had no control. Must be the radio.\" Club Saito #597 Kadet Brotherhood #66

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My OS26 is a nice little engine but wants a lot of nitro to be reliable.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My OS FS-20 ran perfectly on 5% nitro fuel and an OS Type F glow plug. I can see where using other brands of glow plugs could push the nitro requirement up some.

Ed Cregger
    \"Practice makes prefect\"

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G'day

I had two OS FS26 Surpass engines. The first was my first four stroke and I found it totally reliable on 10% nitro and a 10 x 4 prop with an F plug. I had it in a Dynaflite Butterfly which it suited perfectly.

I eventually sold the plane and the engine but about 10 years later I bought the engine back and it was still as good as ever.

The second one I bought NIB on a certain auction site. It had not been run. I ran it in but it was never quite as good as the first one. I suspect it simply needed more running. It was quite reliable though.

Later I had a Surpass 30 but I sold it to fund a Saito 30 which I still have. It is in my latest Butterfly but it really is a little too powerful for the Butterfly at full power. Great little engine.

Cheers

Mike in Oz
    \"I just had no control. Must be the radio.\" Club Saito #597 Kadet Brotherhood #66

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have quite a few Saito engines in addition to OS, Enya, YS, Magnum, Thunder Tiger, etc. The point being that I'm not a fellow that has had only one small four-stroke as his only experience. I really loved the OS FS-20. Why I sold it I'll never know. I have two NIB OS FS-40 engines, which I'm told run similarly to the FS-20. If so, what a treat to look forward to. I forget why I didn't end up with a Saito FA-30 and 40. I "think" they stopped importing them into the US for a while. Anyone?

Ed Cregger

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not sure why my 26 prefers the high nitro to be reliable, could be that it isnt broke in yet, or Iam just getting lazy in my old age. Anyway Ican get the 30% pretty cheap now so it was an easy fix. Oh and I use the finest plugs money can buy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

But you didn't say that you were using OS Type F plugs. That is the finest plug that money can buy for an OS four-stroke engine.

Ed Cregger

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jeffie is partiial to Merlin 4 stroke plugs. I have used them. They are very nice plugs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guilty (in a high pitched falsetto voice).